[Releasing] [Development] Preparing Qt 5.0.2 release

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Fri Feb 22 15:43:57 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:36:07PM +0000, Shaw Andy wrote:
> Now that the merge has done, doesn't this in effect mean that stable
> is now in reality Qt 5.1.0 based as dev will be merged to stable on
> 15th March?

this may very well happen, yes.
it's still a good idea to push fixes to stable: a) you never know and b)
distributors may pick them up even if we never make another release of
the branch.
conversely, this means that stable is still utterly taboo for features.

> If that is the case, then shouldn't this be made clearer somewhere so
> it is pointed out that there is no plan for a Qt 5.0.3 release
> currently?

i think that would be moderately counter-productive in the light of the
above paragraph.