[Releasing] [Development] Qt 5.1.0 rc2 is out

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Mon Jul 1 15:02:00 CEST 2013

On Monday, July 01, 2013 12:48:52 Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> there should be more
> automated testing of it so that it is not all the time breaking and
> causing problems for releasing.

Yes, I agree.

You wrote that that bug is in progress. Do you have anything to report?

Beyond that, I'll see what I can do to make changes in Qt which cause breakage
to do so at CI time.

Regarding the 'all the time breaking' phrase, I want to point out that many of
the times reports mention errors from cmake, they are real problems in Qt
which are being found and reported by cmake, but not caused by the cmake
files. A recent example of that is

 https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,59906

but it is of course not the only example.

Such problems would not occur if there was any progress on

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer
Join us in October at Qt Developer Days 2013 - https://devdays.kdab.com