[Releasing] [Interest] Qt-builds

Alexey Pavlov alexpux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 10:44:02 CEST 2013

2013/7/5 Giuseppe D'Angelo <dangelog at gmail.com>

> On 5 July 2013 07:19, Alexey Pavlov <alexpux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Qt builded with ANGLE and sql drivers for MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebird and
> > Oracle.
>
> Is this totally transparent from a licensing POV? (Or there's some
> chance that you are forcing users to go with GPL (and not LGPL), due
> to f.i. MySQL?)

Sql driver is a Qt plugin that dynamically linked with one of the sql
client library. I don't think that it break any license. But this drivers
need to be testing. I know that firebird plugin works ok, but others I only
build but not test it. In my build you can find Qt*/databases folder where
is client libraries that I use to build sql drivers. For MySQL driver I use
MariaDB client library.

> If everything is OK, can we also bundle such drivers in the official
> builds?

I think you need to talk about it with Qt other developers.

> Thanks for your work :)

Np :)

> --
> Giuseppe D'Angelo