[Releasing] [Development] HEADS UP: Qt 5.1.1 - merge stable into release

Ahumada Sergio Sergio.Ahumada at digia.com
Mon Jul 22 22:17:59 CEST 2013

> Hi,
>
> The merge from 'stable' to 'release' is happening now as we speak.
>
> The plan is the following:
>
> - We will block the "Merge Patch Set X to Staging" button for all the repositories listed above (for the 'stable' branch only).
> - We will wait for changes still under test until they are all merged and/or back to Review in Progress.
> - We will proceed with the merge for all the repositories listed above.
> - We will leave the "Merge Patch Set X to Staging" blocked for around two days, to avoid that changes get merged to the wrong branch and need to be cherry-picked.
>
> If your changes didn't make it and they are meant for Qt 5.1.1 please re-target them to the 'release' branch after the merges are done.
>
> New changes fixing P0 or P1 can be pushed directly to the 'release' branch after the merges are done.
>
> Cheers,

Hi,

All merges are now done, so changes required for Qt 5.1.1 need to be pushed to the 'release' branch from now on.

Changes in the 'release' branch need to be reviewed as usual, but only the release team <https://codereview.qt-project.org/#admin,group,61> can stage them.

Changes in the current 'stable' branch will be part of a potential Qt 5.1.2 or a Qt 5.2.0 release.

Cheers,
--
Sergio Ahumada
Release Engineer - Digia, Qt