[Releasing] [Development] New installers available

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Wed Jun 19 13:49:11 CEST 2013

On 19.6.2013 10.24, "Stephen Kelly" <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 14:34:17 Knoll Lars wrote:
>> That hasn't happened which is IMO the bigger problem, not that the patch
>> will only be in the RC2 or final.
>
>The problem is that if there is no RC2, then
>
>* The cmake files for that platform never get tested
>* The patch to fix the files on that platform never get tested
>
>So, this should be a serious enough issue to warrant an RC2 anyway.

Whether or not there is RC2 is for the release team to decide, but even
without RC2 issued through the blog etc, there will for sure be new
packages available for testing before the final.

Furthermore, it is also normal process to have enough time for the final
to be tested before issuing it, so it is possible to verify that things
are in shape. Only thing we need to be aware of is the fact that we are
close to summer vacations and in case we fail to issue 5.1.0 in the coming
weeks, there is possibility for a bit longer delay due to some of the
needed developers being away.

Release team meetings are done via IRC, and it should be quite easy to
follow those and participate the process?

Yours,

			Tuukka