[Releasing] [Development] Qt5.1 new snapshot

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jun 29 00:12:27 CEST 2013

On sexta-feira, 28 de junho de 2013 18.53.52, Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> > What prevented the RC2?
>
> There were a few issues that were found so late that it was not possible to
> get the fixes into today's packages any more. If all goes well they are in
> the packages tomorrow morning. It would not have made sense to release RC2
> with those items - especially as all these were easy to fix. Details can be
> seen from codereview - submodule update with these fixes is running now. I
> hope we get a very good RC2 and can proceed soon to final based on it
> (perhaps even without any changes, of with a very, very small amount on
> modifications).

Hmm... something is off here. The last release team meeting said "release RC2
on Wednesday if sanity checking passes". You're telling me something different
now: there were changes that didn't make it in, by Friday.

Were those changes P0 or P1? If there were no P0 or P1 fixes, RC2 should have
been released.

Someone made a decision to not release today. I'd like to know the details.
What changes are those? Why are they showstoppers?