[Releasing] [Development] Starting preparations for Qt 5.1

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Mar 18 16:27:11 CET 2013

On segunda-feira, 18 de março de 2013 15.19.53, Knoll Lars wrote:
> >I think it would be really good not to start any kind maturation process
> >on different 'Alpha' releases, but rather concentrate on 'Beta' release,
> >i.e. having decently working set and release tested content in binary
> >installers. Furthermore, I would like to get first 'Beta' out as soon as
> >we can - without very long testing process before we can announce it to
> >exist - and make another 'Beta' if we think it is needed.
>
> Everything we need for the alpha we'll need for the beta as well. From my
> point of view it's enough if qt5.git successfully got updated, the new
> modules are part of it, and we have source packages. Other things are
> optional. Anybody thinks we need more for the alpha?

No, I agree with you.

We need to have all the features complete and documented, all modules
compiling and building together and we need to have source packages.

The first item was required before the feature was integrated. There should be
no incomplete features in any official branch.

The second one should be happening by way of the CI checks, but we may have a
delay in the master full build and we need a check of that. It means we need
to do the git branches after the next qt5.git integration.

And then we need to produce buildable packages.