[Releasing] Participation in Release Testing - Discussion

Motyka Rafal Rafal.Motyka at digia.com
Thu May 16 14:37:47 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'd like to invite you, especially testers or people with tester's mindset, to a discussion on Qt Community active participation in release testing.
We would appreciate if you could think about it and reply.

Here are the questions worth answering:
- Do we, Qt Community members, test during alpha, beta, RC testing? Do we want to test?
- Is there something demotivating us?
- Maybe we test but don't submit the Release Testing Form (http://testresults.qt-project.org/forms/release-testing/)? Why?
- How could we improve Release Testing Form in order to make it more efficient, useful and attractive for Qt testers?
- Do we think the Release Testing Form is needed? If not, what other forms of reporting would be better?
- Maybe there is something else keeping us away from testing?

We've started the discussion about Release Testing Form internally, and we gathered a few suggestions so far:
- Remove from the form what is tested by CI.
- Split existing test items into primary and secondary items.
- Update the form (delete old items, add new modules, etc.)
- Add more details to clarify test items.
- Simplify the form.
- To merge the form with http://qt-project.org/wiki/Sanity-Test-Guidelines

What do you think about it?

Regards,

/Rafal

Rafal Motyka
Quality Assurance
Digia, Qt

Email: rafal.motyka at digia.com<mailto:forename.surname at digia.com>
Mobile: +47 95005389
http://qt.digia.com
Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.digia.com/
Qt Facebook: www.facebook.com/qt
Qt Twitter: www.twitter.com/qtcommercial

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any attachments are intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it. Digia Plc does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message.