[Releasing] Qt 5.2 beta release postponed

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Fri Oct 18 09:20:19 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Here is current status:

·        Good news first: We managed to get fixes for open failures!

o   But unfortunately there was some regression and that's why qt5.git integration failed

·        Windows builds starts failing as well

o   Studies started why this starts failing now...

·        Enterprise Mac builds failed as well again

o   Reason was same than earlier(no disc space left), but now we should have detailed logs available to see what is really happening

·        Open errors (listed as blocker for the release)

o   https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-10379: Qt Creator does not find CDB for preconfigured Kit

§  There should be fix for that available, but some issues with updating old settings are left

o   https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-28357: QML apps based on QQuickViewer not runnable using static build of Qt 5 due to "qtquick2plugin" issue

§  Fixes are merged but it seems there is again issues with static build (qt5.git integration failed)

o   https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-34093: qtcreatorcdbext32 -folder missing from Qt 5.2 beta1 93 builds

§  Finally this should be fixed. There was problems with installing needed tools to build machines

·        Installer indicates that installation succeed even it didn't

So we don't have Beta1 candidate packages available now, most probably not even today. That's why it will be hard to release beta1 on Monday. Let's do whatever is needed to get these issues fixed so that we will have beta1 candidate packages available latest on Monday morning and then see how to proceed...

Br,
Jani