[Releasing] [Development] HEADS UP: Qt 5.4 feature freeze - branch created

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Aug 10 15:39:17 CEST 2014

On Sunday 10 August 2014 10:58:24 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> lars' statement has no implications for the execution of the branching
> procedure.

It should, since it reflects the agreed-upon way of doing things. It's also how
we've done it for the past 4 feature releases. You can't change the procedure
without announcing ahead of time and letting people comment.

> dev is closed for 5.4 changes. there is no discussion about that.
> pending retargeting requests will be executed around 6pm CEST, which
> will include QVolumeInfo.

So you're not giving me the weekend to run integrations and fix issues with
QVolumeInfo.

Ok, fair enough. Then I request an extension to Thursday, at least, since I'm
spending Monday and Tuesday flying back to Portland, recovering from jetlag and
catching up on work email.