[Releasing] [Development] HEADS UP: merge stable into release and dev into stable

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Mon Feb 17 13:49:54 CET 2014

On 17/02/14 13:01, "Simon Hausmann" <simon.hausmann at digia.com> wrote:

>On Monday 17. February 2014 07.16.12 Heikkinen Jani wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> It seems we cannot start merge from dev branch to stable at the moment
>> because there is still some issues to be solved before that:
>> 1.      There seems to be compilation break in dev branch, see
>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,78283. That needs to be solved
>> first
>This is solved now :)
>> 2.      There is still some merges ongoing from stable to dev branch
>> *        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77965
>> *        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77972
>> *        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77977
>> *        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77258
>> 3.      Adding qtwebsockets as a submodule is still ongoing, see
>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,76844
>For the sake of coordination, with regards to qtdeclarative:
>* I have a merge from stable to dev prepared that resolves the conflicts.
>that you should be able to do the final merge yourself (should be a fast-
>forward if any)
>* However at the same time we have two big pending changes, currently
>targetted for dev, that we've been trying to integrate over the weekend:
>  * QtQuickWidget
>  * Support for GL switching (Dynamic GL patch)
>So we have three patches that need to go in: The merge, the QtQuickWidget
>changes and the dynamic GL changes. I suggest we try QtQuickWidget and
>Laszlo's GL changes first, and when those are in, then I'll try to stage
>If anyone else has other changes for qtdeclarative, please consider
>back and consider re-targetting to stable after the project branch or
>speak up 
>:). Staging of unrelated changes will just slow down the process.
>Otherwise, let's also coordinate in #qt-labs.

There are also the pending printer changes from John, that is pending.

As we would like to do the branching to stable as soon as possible, So I¹m
ok if GL switching, QQuickWidget and the printing patch series get pushed
to stable after the merge as an exception to the feature freeze. But
ideally we manage to get at least some of them in before.


More information about the Releasing mailing list