[Releasing] rethinking the branching scheme

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Tue Feb 25 12:00:49 CET 2014

On Monday, February 24, 2014 19:26:29 Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> What is problematic is:
> - reverse dependencies: we test qtdeclarative when changing qtbase and the
> other way around.

I still think this should be removed. It made a lot of sense before the 5.0
release because the API in qtbase was changing so rapidly. That is not the
case now.

Unintended breaks are still caught by CI when qtdeclarative is built, albeit a
bit later than when qtbase is built. This is the case for most repos
downstream from qtbase. While it can be a good thing to prevent unintended
breakage earlier, I don't think it's worth it and it should be removed. Use
the hardware for something else instead.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer