[Releasing] ODP: [Development] Adding Enginio (qtenginio) to the Qt release

Nowacki Jedrzej Jedrzej.Nowacki at digia.com
Tue Jan 7 11:33:07 CET 2014

Hi,

> What is qt modularization for? We want to have different release cycles for different qt modules.

We will try to release Enginio module a bit more often then Qt, but in the same time I would like to ship the latest stable version of the module together with the new release of Qt. As far I remember Qt release is just an aggregate of all stable && maintained modules and I strongly believe that Enginio module belongs to that group.

> For offline installer, I suggest, a separate installer for it

We do not want that, a separate installer is a separate group of problems. We did that for a technical preview and it was suboptimal. I'm fine with the current state in which the module is shipped only through online installer, but in future I hope we can put the module to the offline installer too.

> For online installer, every module is an option, then not much difference there.

Currently it is not true, you can install only Essentials or Add-ons, but I agree that should true.

> Is Frederik asking for enginio to become a "Qt Essential" module?

We haven't discuss that yet. The mail was sent because during Qt5.2 we were told indirectly that we can not ship Enginio module even as an add-on, because we were not on the list before feature freeze. Personally, I think we just forgot to scream loud enough. So that is what we are doing now :-)

Cheers,
  Jędrek