[Releasing] HEADS UP: Qt 5.4 feature freeze is 8.8.2014 12:00 CET
Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Tue Jul 29 10:20:08 CEST 2014
Please remember: Qt 5.4 feature freeze is Friday 8th August 2014 12:00 CET. It means:
- 'Dev' branch will be temporarily locked 8th August 2014 12:00 CET
o After that time any changes that are required for Qt 5.4.0 needs to be pushed to the '5.4' branch. So if your changes are not in by that time, please wait until the branching is done and re-target it to the '5.4' branch.
- All new features/modules targeted to Qt 5.4 must be in 'dev' -branch at that time & must fulfill criteria for new features/modules (from Lars's old email):
o Please make sure that all new functionality
§ Compiles on all reference platforms
· (If a module/feature is only for one platform, make sure qmake/make does nothing on the other platforms)
§ Have tests
· Automated tests should cover as much as possible of the new functionality. If certain areas are not covered by automated tests, I'd like to hear how testing will be done for those
§ Have documentation
· No undocumented public API. Basic docs have to be there, only polishing should still be required after the freeze
§ Have examples
· Have some examples showing how to use the API. Examples need to be linked from documentation.
o In addition, new modules need to
§ Follow the branching scheme
· A new module can be ok to only have dev, with '5.4' being created at branching time.
o Have a CI system
§ New modules that are going to be part of Qt releases need to have a CI system set up. Please contact CI team early enough....
- Each new module needs to be a part of qt5.git already in 'dev' branch. Please notify release team about any new module for Qt 5.4 immediately!
- '5.4' will be branched from 'dev' Mon 11th August 2014
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing