[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 10.06.2014
Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Tue Jun 10 16:51:50 CEST 2014
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 10.06.2014
- Qt 5.3.1 status
o Plan was to branch 5.3.1 today. Unfortunately it didn't happen because there were problems with integrating latest changes to qt5.git. Also some fixes were still missing (metabug https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39093)
§ Fixes for integration issue & most important open issues in https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39093 available
§ Two linked issues are not fixed yet: QTBUG-39295 5.3 Fails to install on Mac Mavericks & QTBUG-39366 Cannot deploy any QtQuick 2 extension plugin on Android.
· Both open issues are issues already in 5.3.0 and so on not seen as a blocker for 5.3.1 release
o Plan is to do the merge from stable to 5.3 after qt5.git stable integration succeed. Then branch 5.3.1 from 5.3 & produce Qt5.3.1 release packages from 5.3.1 branch immediately for testing
§ CIs for 5.3.1 still need to be created ( https://codereview.qt-project.org/86949) and the submodule update needs to be fixed for 5.3
o If all this succeed during this week plan is to put Qt 5.3.1 out during next week (if nothing new & serious enough found during package testing)
- New Qt 4.8.6-1 Mac and Windows (mingw482) installers for addressing QTBUG-38706 "Missing windows styles in mingw482-4.8.6 package" and QTBUG-38636 "Qt 4.8.6 can't deploy on OSX while Qt 4.8.5 can" bugs are available at http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/4.8/4.8.6/.
o These are packaging related fixes (rebuild only) without changes to source code.
- Next meeting Mon 16th June 16:00 CET
IRC log below:
[17:01:28] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: sahumada: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ping
[17:01:36] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:47] <sahumada> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:58] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3 pong
[17:01:58] <fkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:51] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:03:17] <jaheikki3> on agenda today:
[17:03:22] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.3.1 status
[17:03:47] <jaheikki3> Qt 4.8.6 updated installers
[17:03:53] <jaheikki3> Any additional items?
[17:04:17] <sahumada> jaheikki3: enginio version number ?
[17:05:22] <jaheikki3> sahumada: it would be good if fregl is available when discussing that. I think he isn't today?
[17:06:11] <sahumada> dont know .. probably https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39506 should be assigned to him then
[17:07:10] <jaheikki3> sahumada: I'll assign the bug to him
[17:08:35] <jaheikki3> sahumada: I'll follow up than with frederik & if there is something unclear let's discuss it in the next meeting, ok?
[17:08:50] <sahumada> ok
[17:09:07] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 5.3.1 status
[17:09:20] <jaheikki3> Plan was to branch 5.3.1 today. Unfortunately it didn't happen because there were problems with integration latest changes in qt5.git
[17:09:44] <jaheikki3> Also some fixes were still missing (metabug https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39093)
[17:09:59] <jaheikki3> Fix for integration issue available & under integration
[17:10:07] <jaheikki3> Also fixes for most important issues available
[17:10:28] <jaheikki3> Two linked issues are not fixed yet: QTBUG-39295 5.3 Fails to install on Mac Mavericks & QTBUG-39366 Cannot deploy any QtQuick 2 extension plugin on Android
[17:11:34] <jaheikki3> First one happens when installing not so common location & we cannot reproduce the second one
[17:11:34] <sahumada> jaheikki3: are you considering merging stable->5.3 before branching 5.3.1 ?
[17:11:57] <jaheikki3> sahumada: Yes. Plan is
[17:12:11] <jaheikki3> 1. get qt5.git integrated in stable
[17:12:23] <jaheikki3> 2. Merge stable to 5.3 branch
[17:12:37] <jaheikki3> branch 5.3.1 from 5.3
[17:13:23] <jaheikki3> Plan was to branch 5.3.1 after all blocker items are fixed
[17:13:47] <jaheikki3> Both open issues are issues already in 5.3.0 and so on I don't think those are blocking 5.3.1 release
[17:14:41] <jaheikki3> My proposal is to start merge immediately when qt5.git integration succeed in stable, branch 5.3.1 & produce release packages from 5.3.1 immediately after the branch.
[17:15:29] <jaheikki3> Meaning branch tomorrow/thursday (if we need some help from developers in CS)
[17:15:50] <jaheikki3> & hoping 5.3.1 release packages latest friday
[17:16:02] <sahumada> jaheikki3: CIs for 5.3.1 still need to be created https://codereview.qt-project.org/86949
[17:16:28] <jaheikki3> sahumada: true
[17:16:55] <jaheikki3> I have asked Heikki to take care of that
[17:17:12] <sahumada> jaheikki3: and the submodule update needs to be fixed for 5.3 as well
[17:17:20] <sahumada> (because of enginio)
[17:17:37] <jaheikki3> sahumada: Simon promised to check that with frederik
[17:18:03] <sahumada> everything covered then :)
[17:18:33] <jaheikki3> Yeah, but still quite much things to do....
[17:19:32] <jaheikki3> But if we succeed all this during this week then just test the packages & put 5.3.1 out during next week (if nothing serious found during testing)
[17:21:58] <jaheikki3> Ok, seems that nobody disagree. So that will be the plan then. Let's do all possible to make it happen
[17:22:22] <jaheikki3> sahumada: can you help us tomorrow with merge & branching?
[17:22:50] <sahumada> jaheikki3:
[17:22:53] <sahumada> jaheikki3: yes
[17:23:24] <jaheikki3> ok, great. Let's see how thinks are proceeding...
[17:23:40] <jaheikki3> then 4.8.6 updated packages:
[17:24:02] <jaheikki3> New Qt 4.8.6-1 Mac and Windows (mingw482) installers for addressing QTBUG-38706 "Missing windows styles in mingw482-4.8.6 package" and QTBUG-38636 "Qt 4.8.6 can't deploy on OSX while Qt 4.8.5 can" bugs are available at http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/4.8/4.8.6/.
[17:24:24] <jaheikki3> These are packaging related fixes (rebuild only) without changes to source code.
[17:25:11] <jaheikki3> just for your information, that was already agreed to be done in last meeting
[17:26:00] <jaheikki3> Is there something else?
[17:28:06] <jaheikki3> Ok, then next meeting. I'll propose to have a meeting next monday at that same time, OK?
[17:28:43] <wolfgang-b> Yes should be. I guess there will be more folks then
[17:30:06] <jaheikki3> OK, lets end this meeting now. Thanks for your participation! See you next monday... Bye!
[17:30:27] <wolfgang-b> Thanks, bye
[17:30:46] <akseli> bye
[17:31:36] <fkleint> bye
[17:31:38] <sahumada> bye
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing