[Releasing] [Development] New Qt5.3 Beta snapshots available

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Wed Mar 19 12:53:42 CET 2014

I’d consider 37422 a blocker. If the flickering happens, Qt is basically unusable. Looks like there’s a proposed fix though.

Cheers,
Lars

From: Heikkinen Jani <Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com<mailto:Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com>>
Date: Wednesday 19 March 2014 10:26
To: "development at qt-project.org<mailto:development at qt-project.org>" <development at qt-project.org<mailto:development at qt-project.org>>
Cc: "releasing at qt-project.org<mailto:releasing at qt-project.org>" <releasing at qt-project.org<mailto:releasing at qt-project.org>>
Subject: Re: [Development] New Qt5.3 Beta snapshots available

Hi all,

We have new snapshot for Qt5.3 beta available in: http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.3/5.3.0-beta/2014-03-19_21/  (content is just mirroring so it might take some time to have all visible everywhere…)
Finally we should have all installers available with updated content. So please start testing & verifying your fixes!

Content should be pretty much what it will be in beta. At the moment I don’t know anything else blocking than https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-37422 : Text flickering on mouse movement. There is discussion ongoing if that is really a blocker for beta. So please tell me immediately if you know/find something which must be fixed before beta is released. If nothing serious found & we can release beta without fixing QTBUG-37422 then the plan is still to use these packages as beta and put beta out tomorrow!

Qt5 changes in these packages:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,81050 :

Patch Set 4:
* qtbase 0b7beaa...433ebd1 (46):
> AVX image code was removed
> Fix build on older MinGW versions
> QPrinter - Doc fix
> Fix translation of QtPrintSupport and QPageSize.
> Doc: ignore Q_DECL_NOEXCEPT_EXPR and QT_DEPRECATED_X
> Doc: document QSharedPointer::swap() method
> Doc: Add docs for QtConcurrent::{Unhandled,Exception}
> Make QTextEngine::setAdditionalFormats() invalidate cached results
> QGraphicsSimpleTextItem: Fix drawing the outline with pen, when set
> Add note to docs about normalization in setAttributeBuffer
> QFileDialog: documentation clarifications about file type filtering
> Warn if the time taken by QTest::qSleep() is more than 50% off
> Add notice about deprecating OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
> Windows: Allow for custom input context plugins.
> Recognize RGBA8888 formats when converting to CGImage
> Remove unused static const variable
> Merge "Merge remote-tracking branch origin/release into stable" into refs/staging/stable
> QPrinter - Expect failure of QPrinter page size test
> QtPrintSupport - Fix QT_NO_PRINTER build
> QCupsSupport - Remove obsolete CUPS code
> QPrintDialog - Remove CUPS specific code
> QPageSetupDialog - Use QPageLayout and QPageSize
> QPrinter - Fix winPageSize() on Mac and Linux
> QPrinter - Use QPageSize and QPageLayout
> QPrintEngine - Switch Windows to QPageLayout
> QPrintEngine - Switch Windows to QPlatformPrintDevice
> QPrintEngine - Switch Mac to QPageLayout
> QPrintEngine - Switch Mac to QPlatformPrintDevice
> QPrintEngine - Switch Cups to QPlaformPrintDevice
> QPdfWriter - Use QPageSize and QPageLayout
> QPdfPaintEngine - Use QPageLayout and QPageSize
> QPagedPaintDevice - Use QPageSize and QPageLayout
> QPrinterInfo - Switch to QPlatformPrintDevice
> QPlatformPrintDevice - Add Windows implementation
> QPlatformPrintDevice - Add Mac implementation
> QPlatformPrintDevice - Add CUPS implementation
> QtPrintSupport - Increase Cups required to 1.4
> QPlatformPrintDevice - New QPA base class
> QPageLayout - Add new QPageLayout class
> QPageSize - Add new QPageSize class
> QPrinter - Add page metric tests
> Revert "Make OpenGL texture glyph cache use the right freetype glyphs"
> Fix no-opengl build with egl
> Fix Q_DECLARE_METATYPE macro
> Cocoa: Set "Stereo" OpenGL format option.
> Fix high-dpi QGraphicsPixmapItem bounding rects.

* qtdeclarative 4ef1032...ecd4a9b (10):
> Namespace cleanup
> Stabilize tst_qquickwindow and tst_scenegraph.
> Fix crash with lazy binding initialization and compile time calculated dependencies
> Fix potential crash during shutdown for QQuickWindows
> Fix AnimatedSprite interpolation when looping and/or reversing.
> Suppress implicit sign conversion warnings in public API
> Fix context creation failure message.
> qv4isel_moth.cpp: Fix MSVC-warnings about operator unary minus applied to unsigned.
> Add docs on using a query in XMLRole with the less obvious boolean()
> Unset the current gl window when deleted

* qtdoc 1489388...b836df3 (1):
> Fix blog link in INTEGRITY documentation.

* qtmultimedia d7533fd...c24c3b1 (8):
> Android: fix QMediaRecorder failing to start in some cases.
> Doc: Qt Audio Engine: Restore lost docs
> Fix crash in QCameraInfo when no camera is available on the system.
> Correctly update record button in AudioRecorder example.
> Android: print Java traces for MediaRecorder when in debug mode.
> Android: restart camera viewfinder after a recorder error.
> Android: correctly report QMediaRecorder actual output location.
> Android: correctly report QMediaRecorder status.

* qtquickcontrols d909863...6aba49f (4):
> Doc: Document signals (not handlers) under \qmlsignal
> Clean-up styling improvements for Calendar
> Buttons text should use SystemPalette.buttonText
> Merge remote-tracking branch origin/release into stable

* qtserialport 0e46e8d...5be9ea0 (1):
> Set the port settings before open in the examples

* qtsvg cd0843d...2fde619 (1):
> Fixes: runtime warnings when trying to render 0-size icon

* qttools fc28a91...626f717 (2):
> CMake: Fix path to lrelease on debian.
> Fix messages about whitespace visualization in Qt Linguist.

* qttranslations 6af4cc3...b6a3ee8 (1):
> Merge remote-tracking branch origin/release into stable

* qtwebkit b2254b0...76cd131 (3):
> Fix build: LLIntAssembly.h is in a subdir of generated/
> Fix a documentation oversight
> Fix doc warnings

* qtwebsockets 5c7ec14...965899d (1):
> fix typo in macro