[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 17.11.2014

Heikkinen Jani jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Mon Nov 17 16:49:37 CET 2014


Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 17.11.2014:

- Qt5.4.0 status
	* Unfortunately we don't have rc packages available at the moment --> Cannot release rc Tue 18th Nov as planned
	* Few open issues still in blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-41613
	* Problems with qt5.git integration --> No new snapshot since last Thursday
		- Issues should be fixed now, hoping we could get qt5.git integrated & have new snapshot available late tomorrow
	* Header and binary compatibility checks hasn't been run yet, target to run it Tue 18th Nov
	* Target is to release Qt 5.4.0 RC as soon as possible, hoping at the end of this week or at the beginning of next week

- Next meeting Mon 1st Dec 2014 16:00 CET (if RC out during this week, otherwise Mon 24th Nov at that same time)

Best regards,
Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager | The Qt Company

The Qt Company / Digia Finland Ltd, Elektroniikkatie 10, 90590 Oulu, Finland
Email: jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com 
www.qt.io |Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.digia.com/ | Twitter: @QtbyDigia, @Qtproject Facebook: www.facebook.com/qt

irc log below:

[17:00:58] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche_: ping
[17:01:07] <ZapB> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:08] <carewolf> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:24] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:37] <iieklund_> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:40] <carewolf> jaheikki3: you might want to add jturcotte to you list of nicks to ping, since he is maintainer of qtwebengine
[17:01:56] <fregl> peppe: yes, there is a script, thiago and others know how to use it
[17:02:04] <fregl> I've never used it myself
[17:02:10] <fregl> and hello
[17:02:17] <fkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:27] <jaheikki3> carewolf: yes, true. I'll add him...
[17:03:55] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:04:02] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:04:10] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.4.0 RC status
[17:04:33] <jaheikki3> Something else to the agenda?
[17:06:29] <jaheikki3> ok, Qt 5.4.0 RC status:
[17:06:50] <jaheikki3> Unfortunately we don't have rc packages available at the moment
[17:07:12] <jaheikki3> That means we cannot release Qt 5.4.0 rc tomorrow as planned :(
[17:07:39] <ZapB> jaheikki3: have the header and binary compat checks been run?
[17:08:04] <jaheikki3> We got first packages from '5.4.0' branch at the end of last week & those has been under testing
[17:08:45] <jaheikki3> Some new issues found & we have few open issues still in blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-41613
[17:09:39] <jaheikki3> ZapB: Unfortunately no. Thiago promised to run those soon, but after that I haven't heard anything
[17:10:15] <jaheikki3> I & fregl tried to run that script earlier today 
[17:10:47] -*- fregl wonders how to automate mass-mailing the header changes, manually creating one email per diff is not fun
[17:11:04] <fregl> and yeah, we got it to work but didn't have an up to date enough qt build for a full header diff
[17:11:10] <jaheikki3> There seems to be some problems & I was hoping thiago would have been in this meeting to comment & help with this
[17:11:14] <ZapB> fregl: mailx
[17:11:23] <fregl> so I suppose we can get that out tomorrow
[17:11:31] <fregl> ZapB: thx, I'll have a look at that
[17:11:32] <jaheikki3> yeah, hoping so
[17:12:22] <jaheikki3> We have had issues with qt5.git integration and that's why no packages with updated content at the moment
[17:12:31] <jaheikki3> Fixes available, last one just staged.
[17:13:08] <jaheikki3> Hoping that will solve the problem & we could get qt5.git integrated during coming night
[17:13:38] <jaheikki3> Then we could have new snapshot for testing late tomorrow
[17:14:09] <jaheikki3> That won't be final RC but quite near...
[17:14:39] <jaheikki3> Hoping we could get remaining issues fixed soon & have RC out at the end of this week or beginning of next one
[17:15:00] <jaheikki3> DO you have some comments or questions?
[17:15:40] <ZapB> No, fixing those remaining issues and any thrown up by header and bic checks seems fine
[17:16:53] <peppe> fregl: or just send them all in one email :-)
[17:18:55] <jaheikki3> Ok, as ZapB wrote, let's fix those remaining issues and any thrown up by header and bic checks & put RC out
[17:20:32] <jaheikki3> What about next meeting? I propose to skip next Monday if we succeed to put RC out during this week. But if not, let's have status check then at this same time, OK for everyone?
[17:20:50] <ankokko__> +1
[17:21:03] <ZapB> +1
[17:21:10] <fkleint> +1
[17:21:10] <carewolf> +1
[17:21:15] <jturcotte> +1
[17:21:36] <iieklund_> +1
[17:22:01] <jaheikki3> OK, let's end this meeting now. Thanks & bye!
[17:22:12] <ankokko__> bye
[17:22:17] <fkleint> bye




More information about the Releasing mailing list