[Releasing] Proposal: Upgrade bundled ICU to version 53.1

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Sep 2 09:01:16 CEST 2014

Hi,

I suggest that we ship 5.4.x binary packages with the latest ICU version: 53.1 .

http://site.icu-project.org/download/53

I've been using 53.1 locally on Windows since a while, and haven't spotted any issues. In general upgrades of the ICU version haven't been a problem in the past.

If there are no general objections I'll start producing Windows packages to http://download.qt-project.org/development_releases/prebuilt/icu/prebuilt/ . Can't remember who did the Ubuntu / Red Hat packages last time?

Regards

Kai