[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 09.09.2014

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Wed Sep 10 08:58:50 CEST 2014

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 09.09.2014:

- Target is to have Qt5.3.2 final packages available for testing latest this Thursday
	* Qt5.3.2 release Tue 16th Sep if nothing new & critical enough found during testing

- Updated Qt 5.4 schedule in http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.4-release 

- Agreed tools etc updates for Qt5.4
	* ICU to 53.1
	* xcode to latest available one for each OS X
	* mingw update to be decided later

- Next meeting Mon 15th Sep 16:00 CET

Br, Jani

Irc log below:

[17:00:16] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche_: ping
[17:00:25] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:29] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:04] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:02:17] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:30] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.3.2 release
[17:02:38] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.4.0 schedule update
[17:02:53] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.4.0 tools & versions updates
[17:03:08] <jaheikki3> Something else to the agenda?
[17:04:33] <jaheikki3> OK, lets start from 5.3.2 release:
[17:05:18] <jaheikki3> Almost all known blockers are fixed, only one open left in https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-40712
[17:06:00] <jaheikki3> Fix for that under integration, target is to have final packages available for testing tomorrow or latest this Thursday
[17:06:08] <thiago> great
[17:06:14] <thiago> I was going to ask if anyone was working on it
[17:07:14] <jaheikki3> Only thing which is somehow missing is change files (again)
[17:07:37] <jaheikki3> Quite many still missing & for example qtbase is empty :(
[17:08:30] <jaheikki3> I think qtbase is most important one, other missing ones wouldn't have so much changes in...
[17:09:03] <jaheikki3> I have collected links to files here: https://qt-project.org/wiki/Change-files-in-Qt-5.3.2
[17:09:09] <jaheikki3> (also missing ones ;) )
[17:09:30] <thiago> I'll get on the qtbase one
[17:09:48] <jaheikki3> ok, great.
[17:10:46] <jaheikki3> target is to put Qt5.3.2 out next tue 16th Sep if nothing new & critical enough found during testing
[17:11:18] <jaheikki3> Any comments?
[17:13:33] <jaheikki3> Ok, lets continue then with Qt 5.4.0 schedule update
[17:14:16] <jaheikki3> I have updated new beta etc schedule in http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.4-release
[17:14:49] <jaheikki3> It is based on original schedule & updated according to Alpha delay
[17:15:06] <jaheikki3> Any comments to that?
[17:16:20] <thiago> the date of the alpha actual is missing :-)
[17:17:15] <thiago> but looks ok
[17:17:21] <jaheikki3> fixed
[17:17:54] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt5.4 tool & version updates:
[17:18:50] <jaheikki3> Kai proposed to update ICU to 53.1 
[17:19:02] <thiago> no objections there
[17:19:42] <jaheikki3> Yeah, so it will be agreed
[17:20:05] <jaheikki3> I meant it will be updated ;)
[17:20:35] <jaheikki3> Then xcode, it seems to be OK to update latest one in each OS X as well
[17:22:22] <jaheikki3> There were +1 for that as well in ML
[17:22:43] <thiago> no opinion on that
[17:24:46] <jaheikki3> What about minGW, I think Kai didn't sent proposal yet?
[17:25:04] <jaheikki3> So that we need to decide later...
[17:29:18] <kkoehne_> jaheikki3: Yeah, still playing around.
[17:29:41] <kkoehne_> (sorry, was disconnected)
[17:30:05] <kkoehne_> mingw-builds released i686-4.9.1-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1.7z last week, which looks promising so far.
[17:30:13] <kkoehne_> have yet to try the gdb debugger etc yet, though.
[17:31:13] <jaheikki3> There seems to be some problems, I was disconnected a while as well
[17:32:10] <jaheikki3> But ok, please sent the proposal later (if everything OK ;))
[17:32:23] <jaheikki3> I don't have anything else at this time except next meeting. I propose to have it next monday at this same time to decide if 5.3.2 can go out or not
[17:33:04] <kkoehne_> sounds good.
[17:33:21] <thiago> yep
[17:33:35] <thiago> qtbase changelog pushed
[17:33:44] <jaheikki3> thanks!
[17:33:58] <thiago> dammit, closed the konsole tab instead of copying the URL
[17:34:40] <thiago> https://codereview.qt-project.org/94345
[17:36:17] <jaheikki3> +1
[17:36:40] <jaheikki3> Let's end this meeting now & have new one next monday!
[17:36:44] <jaheikki3> Bye

More information about the Releasing mailing list