[Releasing] Updating the mingw version for 5.4 (CI/packaging)

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Fri Sep 19 08:44:41 CEST 2014

designer, assistant, qmlscene ... compiled with 4.9.1 run just fine with the same Qt version compiled with 4.8.2, and vice versa. Anyhow, I don't think the upstream project (mingw-builds) really says anything about binary compatibility, so I wouldn't entirely rely on it :)

Regards

Kai

> I see that at least the threading and exception models are the same. Which
> would be nice.

Well, even better would be if we'd have native/SEH exception handling by now for 32 bit, now that the 'Borland patent' has apparently run out. Let's hope that this materializes, at one point ...