[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 07.04.2015

Heikkinen Jani jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Tue Apr 7 16:53:54 CEST 2015

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 7th April 2015

Qt 5.5 status
* Compilation issue with latest qt5.git fixed & re-try ongoing
* Binary snapshots still under work, should be available during this week
* Most of known beta blockers fixed from https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44653 
** Most probably some new found after binary snapshot is out & tested
** Also couple of old 3rd party libs should be updated before beta (libpng & libtiff) 
--> Beta cannot be released during this week as planned earlier

Qt 5.4.2 status
* Still problems to get latest content in qt5.git
** Latest issue: autotest `tst_qquickapplication' failed. Under study (re-try also ongoing)
* When qt5.git is integrated we can start branching from '5.4' to '5.4.2'
* those 3rd party libs(libpng & libtiff) needs to be updated before releasing

Qt 4.8.7 Status
* Server failure on build system (again) during Eastern but new snapshot build almost completed
** Installers will be available http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/4.8/4.8.7/2015-04-07-6/ (folder created but not yet mirrored)
* Preliminary vs2015 support not yet integrated
* Same 3rd party library update than on 5.x needed so sha1 not yet frozen
--> Exact release date open

Next meeting Tue 14.4.2015 16:00 CET


Irc log below:
(17:00:35) janiheikkinen: akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche_ ping
(17:00:42) ZapB-office: janiheikkinen: pong
(17:00:44) carewolf: pong
(17:01:07) akseli: janiheikkinen: pong
(17:01:19) fregl: pong
(17:01:48) fkleint: janiheikkinen pong
(17:02:06) janiheikkinen: Time to start release team meeting
(17:02:15) janiheikkinen: On agenda today
(17:02:23) janiheikkinen: Qt5.5 beta status
(17:02:30) janiheikkinen: Qt5.4.2 status
(17:02:39) janiheikkinen: Qt4.8.7 status
(17:02:40) thiago_: janiheikkinen: pong
(17:02:52) thiago_ on nyt nimeltään thiago
(17:02:56) janiheikkinen: Any additional item in the agenda?
(17:04:53) janiheikkinen: Let's start from Qt 5.5 beta status:
(17:05:33) janiheikkinen: qt5.git updated successfully few times after Alpha release. 
(17:06:11) janiheikkinen: Some compilation issue with latest changes but those are fixed & re-try ongoing
(17:06:40) janiheikkinen: Binary installer creation ongoing
(17:07:17) janiheikkinen: It seems promising & we should have most of binary installers available during this week
(17:08:10) janiheikkinen: But because we haven't be able to produce those installers so far it isn't possible to release beta during this week as planned
(17:09:08) ***thiago would really, really want to get the QtDBus threading changes in
(17:10:25) janiheikkinen: thiago: There is still time. we need to get those installers out, test those & fix found blockers before the beta...
(17:11:29) janiheikkinen: There isn't so much blockers open in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44653 but I bet there will be few new ones after installers are out...
(17:12:13) thiago: ok
(17:12:29) janiheikkinen: thiago: could you sent me list of those QtDBus changes to be able to follow up the progress
(17:12:53) janiheikkinen: Any comments or questions?
(17:13:25) thiago: will do
(17:14:41) janiheikkinen: Ok, that's all about Qt5.5 beta now. Then Qt 5.4.2 status:
(17:15:25) janiheikkinen: We have still issues with qt5.git integration in '5.4' :(
(17:16:01) janiheikkinen: Last try failed because autotest `tst_qquickapplication' failed...
(17:16:08) janiheikkinen: Under study at the moment
(17:16:30) janiheikkinen: We need to get qt5.git integrated first
(17:17:28) fregl: janiheikkinen: in the mean time, the test failed in 2 different places, how about restaging one more time?
(17:18:22) janiheikkinen: fregl: Sure, I'll start new try...
(17:19:06) janiheikkinen: And when qt5.git integration succeed we can start branching from '5.4' to '5.4.2'
(17:19:54) janiheikkinen: Before releasing qt5.4.2 we need also update those old 3rd party libs (libpng & libtiff)
(17:20:57) janiheikkinen: Otherwise there is no blockers known for Qt 5.4.2 (metabug here: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44881)
(17:21:10) janiheikkinen: Any comments or questions?
(17:21:36) thiago: btw, 5.5: we need to wait for the 3rdparty update too
(17:23:05) janiheikkinen: thiago: I thought those wouldn't be a blocker for beta but for the final?
(17:24:22) thiago: I'd rather get those major changes in for beta
(17:24:52) thiago: beta is a review of the implementation. hence, all the implementation bits should be in.
(17:25:36) janiheikkinen: Ok, true. Let's hope we could get those in as soon as possible...
(17:25:59) janiheikkinen: Then Qt 4.8.7 status, akseli:
(17:26:23) akseli: Server failure on build system (again) during Eastern but new snapshot build almost completed
(17:26:35) akseli: Installers will be available http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/4.8/4.8.7/2015-04-07-6/ (folder created but not yet mirrored)
(17:27:18) akseli: preliminary vs2015 support not yet integrated and i assume that same 3rd party library update than on 5.x needed so sha1 not yet frozen and exact release date open
(17:28:04) akseli: thats about it i guess
(17:28:30) akseli: questions? comments?
(17:29:29) thiago: VS2015 for 4.8.7?
(17:29:57) akseli: thiago: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/109362/
(17:30:19) fkleint: it doesn;t even compile ;-)
(17:30:20) fkleint: but anyways
(17:30:40) fkleint: (internal compiler errors in qvector.h )
(17:30:41) akseli: we are not providing prebuild binaries for that either 
(17:30:48) fkleint: yep
(17:31:15) fkleint: not sure how "final" VS2015 is ATM  ..Maurice was looking into it
(17:31:18) thiago: it's not even released
(17:31:21) fkleint: yepo
(17:31:23) fkleint: so no worries
(17:31:23) thiago: it's CTP6 now
(17:31:32) thiago: anyway, just a little surprised because this is new information for me
(17:31:44) thiago: and... you know... I'm the one who created the changes for Qt 5 in the first place
(17:31:58) fkleint: you wrote the mkspec?
(17:32:18) fkleint: Anyways., it sure would be nice to have it  supported in 4.8.7 
(17:34:48) janiheikkinen: Ok, I think this was all at this time
(17:35:03) thiago: ce1c53b4130495b17addc45bf3f5b2a2dc052507 Add detection of and support for Visual Studio 2015
(17:35:07) thiago: Author: Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
(17:35:07) thiago: Date:   Thu Jun 19 15:52:49 2014 -0700
(17:35:52) fkleint: thiago: Ah,ok Joerg ported it over to 4.8 and Maurice Kalinowski was checking every now and then whether it compiles
(17:36:04) fkleint: thiago: it still had issues in qvector.h
(17:37:43) janiheikkinen: I propose to have status check meeting next monday at this same time, OK?
(17:37:58) fkleint: +1
(17:38:12) akseli: +1
(17:38:41) thiago: on Tuesday?
(17:38:49) thiago: today is not Monday
(17:39:03) thiago: long weekend and whatnot...
(17:39:37) fkleint: he meant logical Monday ;-)
(17:39:44) fkleint: janiheikkinen: right?
(17:40:26) janiheikkinen: thiago: fkleint: I meant next Monday 16:00 CET ;)
(17:40:33) thiago: I am not opposed to a Tuesday meeting, though
(17:40:40) thiago: it's better than a Monday 7 am meeting for me
(17:40:54) thiago: I already have a meeting on Tuesday 7 am, so I can multitask
(17:42:23) janiheikkinen: Next Tue 16:00 CET is OK for me as well so let's have next meeting then
(17:42:33) fkleint: oki
(17:44:13) janiheikkinen: Let's end this meeting now. Thanks & bye!
(17:44:40) akseli: bye
(17:45:12) thiago: bye
(17:45:59) fkleint: bye

More information about the Releasing mailing list