[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 02.02.2015
jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Tue Feb 3 07:54:51 CET 2015
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 2nd Feb 2015
Qt 5.4.1 status
* First snapshot out, testing ongoing. Unfortunately not so many reports yet
* Some mandatory fixes still under integration, QNX 650 compilation issue waiting for fix
* Target is to get new snapshot for testing as soon as possible
* Plan is to put Qt5.4.1 out soon, hoping already during next week
Qt 5.5 schedule update
* because of huge problems with CI 5.5 schedule is postponed by one week, see updated schedule from http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.5-release
Qt 5.5 tools & versions
* List of tools & versions for Qt5.5 here: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.5.0-tools-and-versions
* Biggest changes from releasing point of view:
** Plan is to use Redhat for creating linux binary packages
** There won't be anymore separate opengl and angle installers
** Separate iOS binary installer will be removed
- Next meeting Mon 9th Feb 2015 16:00 CET
IRC log below:
[15:00:43] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche_:jturcotte ping
[15:00:50] <iieklund> jaheikki3: pong
[15:01:04] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[15:01:04] <mapaaso> jaheikki3: pong
[15:01:33] <carewolf> jaheikki3: pong
[15:01:46] <kkoehne> pong
[15:01:47] <ankokko> jaheikki3: pong
[15:02:09] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[15:02:19] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[15:02:27] <jaheikki3> Qt5.4.1 status
[15:02:36] <jaheikki3> Qt5.5 schedule update
[15:02:44] <jaheikki3> Qt5.5 tools & versions
[15:02:54] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[15:04:05] <jaheikki3> Ok, let's start from qt5.4.1 status
[15:04:41] <jaheikki3> First snapshot out, unfortunately not so many test report arrived
[15:05:06] <jaheikki3> But there were some new findings which needs to be fixed
[15:05:38] <jaheikki3> Also QNX 650 builds are failing at the moment
[15:06:06] <jaheikki3> Fixes or proposals are already available
[15:07:15] <jaheikki3> most of already under integration. Fix for QNX build issue not approved yet
[15:08:13] <jaheikki3> Plan is to try qt5.git integration again today & if that succeed produce new snapshot tomorrow
[15:09:05] <jaheikki3> And if we get remaining fixes in early enough we are hoping we could release Qt5.4.1 already during next week
[15:09:12] <jaheikki3> But that will be seen ;)
[15:09:24] <jaheikki3> Any commenst / Questions?
[15:09:47] <carewolf> so when is the new freeze, one week delayed?
[15:10:13] <jaheikki3> carewolf: 5.5 will come next ;)
[15:10:24] <carewolf> ah. right 5.4.1
[15:11:12] <fkleint> if the CI ever integrates ..
[15:11:33] <kkoehne> Do we have a good overview of what fixes we really need for 5.4.1 still?
[15:11:54] <kkoehne> Might make sense to just take what we have, and delay everything else for 5.4.2 ...
[15:12:26] <fkleint> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-43201 ?
[15:12:49] <jaheikki3> kkoehne: At the moment we don't know anything else that those which are linked in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-43201
[15:13:06] <jaheikki3> All those fixes are under integration now
[15:13:14] <kkoehne> Okay
[15:13:20] <jaheikki3> + of course that QNX compilation issue
[15:13:40] <jaheikki3> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/105066/
[15:13:51] <kkoehne> I'd just like to point out that, anything that's not a regression from 5.4.0 can't technically be a blocker ...
[15:14:33] <jaheikki3> kkoehne: yeah
[15:15:11] <jaheikki3> OK, then qt 5.5 schedule update:
[15:16:01] <jaheikki3> We have today agreed to postpone qt5.5 schedule by one week because of those CI issues during last week & weekend
[15:16:26] <jaheikki3> This means all milestones in http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.5-release will be postponed by one week
[15:16:49] <jaheikki3> And so on there is still 2 weeks left for FF
[15:18:11] <jaheikki3> I'll update the schedule in the wiki a bit later when I check the details
[15:18:18] <jaheikki3> Comments?
[15:18:30] <fkleint> Can we make this a "floating target" (1 week after 5.4.1-> dev has been merged)?
[15:19:29] <jaheikki3> fkleint: I agree we need to get 5.4.1 merged to dev but why it needs to be in one week before?
[15:20:27] <fkleint> Until everything has settled , I think
[15:20:51] <fkleint> And we are thinking of some fix to Windows / Dynamic GL stuff that depends on stuff now in 5.4.1
[15:20:58] <fkleint> but not sure if we have time for it
[15:21:07] <jaheikki3> true
[15:21:51] <jaheikki3> Let's target FF 16th Feb now
[15:22:18] <jaheikki3> & if there is need to another delay make the decision later
[15:22:22] <jaheikki3> OK?
[15:22:53] <kkoehne> +1
[15:23:05] <fkleint> +1
[15:23:05] <iieklund> +1
[15:23:55] <jaheikki3> ok, then Qt5.5 tools & versions
[15:24:28] <jaheikki3> We have colllected list here: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.5.0-tools-and-versions
[15:24:47] <jaheikki3> It is based on tony's email http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2015-January/019785.html
[15:25:59] <jaheikki3> From releasing point of view biggest changes will be redhat usage in the packaging side & removal of separate opengl/angle installers
[15:26:56] <jaheikki3> Also we are planning to remove separate iOS installer because combined android_iOS installer is almost equal size...
[15:27:03] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: What was the final outcome for Red Hat now?
[15:27:16] <iieklund> red hat based installer is under work (installer-framework, qt binaries, creator), should be ready today/tomorrow
[15:27:30] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: Red Hat 6.6 based?
[15:27:34] <iieklund> if it works it will replace the ubuntu 11.10 based binaries, but it needs to be tested thoroughly first
[15:27:44] <jaheikki3> kkoehne: Yes
[15:28:08] <kkoehne> Alright.
[15:29:29] <iieklund> once the rhel installer is ready we will inform about that so it can be tested
[15:30:01] <jaheikki3> ANy other comments or questions related to tools & versions?
[15:30:47] <jaheikki3> kkoehne: any comments about mingw and icu versions?
[15:31:11] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: Well, I see that you've been updating to the latest, which I wanted to suggest, too :)
[15:31:32] <kkoehne> I'll look into providing prebuilt ICU 54-1 packages ...
[15:31:43] <jaheikki3> kkoehne: OK, great
[15:32:58] <jaheikki3> If no other comments I think we are ready at this time. Ok to have new meeting next monday at that usual time (16:00 CET)?
[15:33:24] <fkleint> +1
[15:33:42] <ankokko> +1
[15:33:56] <kkoehne> +1
[15:34:02] <akseli> just want to advertise: new Qt 4.8.7 snapshot build is available (http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2015-February/019886.html)
[15:34:11] <akseli> and +1 for the next meeting time
[15:35:30] <jaheikki3> Let's end this meeting now. Thanks for your participation. Bye!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing