[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 12.1.2015
jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Mon Jan 12 16:56:31 CET 2015
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 12th Jan 2015
-Qt 5.4.1 status:
* Branching ongoing, '5.4.1' branch already available.
* Downmerge from 5.4 to 5.4.1 will happen this Friday
* Target is to put 5.4.1 during January (make sure all blockers are listed in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-43201)
- Qt 5.5 status
* Feature freeze coming quite soon, target 9th Feb, see http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.5-release
--> It is time to start adding new modules in dev. See criteria for new modules / features from http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt5_feature_freeze
* We are already trying to produce snapshots from dev, hoping we could have first snapshots quite soon (with same tools & versions than in 5.4.1)
* Qt 5.5 tools & versions etc to be agreed in coming release team meetings: Linux packaging environment (currently Ubuntu 11.10 but would it be time to update it to some newer one / start using redhat?), mingw, ICU...
- Qt 4.8.7 status
* New Qt 4.8.7 snapshot build was just uploaded to http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/4.8/4.8.7/2015-01-12-2/
* Snapshot is built against 50223ce5eebfdff01a88474f0589259137997458 Introduce Windows version 10 (HEAD on this morning)
* Hopefully 4.8.7 could be published during February
* If there are some already known blockers, regression etc please send email to releasing ML
- Next meeting Mon 26th Jan 2015 16:00 CET
Irc log below:
[17:00:34] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche_:jturcotte ping
[17:00:40] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3:
[17:00:45] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3: ping
[17:01:02] <ZapB> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:11] <carewolf> pong
[17:01:13] <jturcotte> pong
[17:01:15] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:22] <fkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:56] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:02:05] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:11] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.4.1 status
[17:02:22] <ankokko__> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:25] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.5 status
[17:02:32] <jaheikki3> Qt 4.8.7 status
[17:02:51] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:04:30] <jaheikki3> Lets start from Qt 5.4.1 status
[17:04:43] <jaheikki3> Branching ongoing, '5.4.1' branch already available.
[17:05:30] <jaheikki3> target is that downmerge from 5.4 to 5.4.1 will happen this Friday
[17:06:26] <jaheikki3> After that all changes for Qt5.4.1 release must be done in '5.4.1' branch and '5.4' is for (possible) 5.4.2 release
[17:06:56] <jaheikki3> Target is to put 5.4.1 during January, let's see if we can make it happen...
[17:07:54] <carewolf> I thought we wanted a faster than normal 5.4.1 release, but end january sounds like the old schedule?
[17:09:18] <jaheikki3> carewolf: Well, yes and no ;) Earlier we targetted to have 5.4.1 somewhere end of Jan - mid Feb and now hoping to get it out during January
[17:10:30] <jaheikki3> There isn't so many blocker issues open in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-43201
[17:11:09] <jaheikki3> But first of all we need to get qt5.git integrated to be able to produce proper 5.4.1 snapshot for testing
[17:11:13] <carewolf> will we aim for a 5.4.2? Is there a good spot between 5.5 alphas and betas that would make sense?
[17:12:57] <jaheikki3> carewolf: Well, we will have pretty hurry spring time coming & I am not sure if there is good slot for 5.4.2. Let's check that a bit later after 5.4.1 is out & we can see the need of 5.4.2 better
[17:14:07] <jaheikki3> Any other comments / questions related to 5.4.1?
[17:14:33] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: just that someone needs to bump the copyright year in time :)
[17:15:25] <jaheikki3> kakoehne: You mean those which are visible through UI?
[17:16:40] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: Yes, these at least.
[17:17:07] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: Shall we just bump them for now?
[17:17:07] <jaheikki3> kkoehne: As discussed in mail that mass update won't be done anymore. And that copyright header update (with year update as well) will be done in dev
[17:17:18] <jaheikki3> kkoehne: yes
[17:17:28] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: Oh, I missed that one .... Alright, then I'll prepare the patch ...
[17:17:48] <jaheikki3> kkoehne: great, thanks!
[17:18:57] <jaheikki3> Ok, then short Qt5.5 status
[17:19:12] <jaheikki3> Feature freeze coming quite soon, target 9th Feb, see http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.5-release
[17:19:44] <jaheikki3> --> It is time to start adding new modules in dev to be able to solve possible issues before actual feature freeze.
[17:20:25] <jaheikki3> Criteria for new modules / features can be found from http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt5_feature_freeze
[17:21:02] <jaheikki3> At the moment we are already trying to produce snapshots from dev
[17:21:22] <jaheikki3> There is some issues at least with android build, mapaaso is studying the issue
[17:22:21] <jaheikki3> We are hoping we could have first snapshots quite soon (with same tools & versions than in 5.4.1)
[17:22:54] <jaheikki3> But for 5.5 we need to agree used tools & versions etc soon, before FF
[17:23:39] <jaheikki3> At least Linux packaging environment (Currently Ubuntu 11.10 but would it be time to update it to some newer one / start using redhat?), mingw, ICU...
[17:25:25] <jaheikki3> I think biggest issue is that linux packaging env. I think we need to start discussion about that in ML & agree the way to proceed in coming release team meetings
[17:26:28] <jaheikki3> kkoehne: Any initial thoughts about mingw & ICU?
[17:26:36] <w00t> early heads up that qtwayland may want to depend on a newer wayland soonish (no more info than that yet)
[17:26:57] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: Mmh, I guess we could update them both ...
[17:27:03] <w00t> currently discussed version was 1.6, but in my opinion that's too new (september 2014 release, so i'd bet it hasn't hit lots of distros yet)
[17:27:06] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: Haven't looked into it yet, though.
[17:28:17] <jaheikki3> w00t: OK, lets check that as well in coming release team meetings & when you have more info
[17:29:25] <jaheikki3> kkoehne: Could you check those sometime in near future? We could agree those as soon as possible, maybe next meeting of one after that...
[17:29:59] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: Alright
[17:30:23] <jaheikki3> Ok, that's all about 5.5 at this time
[17:30:42] <jaheikki3> then qt 4.8.7 status. akseli:^^
[17:30:56] <akseli> New Qt 4.8.7 snapshot build was just uploaded to http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/4.8/4.8.7/2015-01-12-2/
[17:31:05] <akseli> Mingw build is still ongoing but source packages, OS X and VS20xx installers are available. I'll send notification to ML later when mingw installer is available.
[17:31:25] <akseli> Snapshot is build against 50223ce5eebfdff01a88474f0589259137997458 Introduce Windows version 10 (HEAD on this morning)
[17:31:45] <akseli> If there are some already known blockers, regression etc please mention now or send email to releasing ML later
[17:31:54] <akseli> Hopefully 4.8.7 could be published during February
[17:34:12] <jaheikki3> OK, thanks akseli!
[17:34:46] <jaheikki3> Anything else to discuss at this time (except the next meeting)?
[17:37:20] <jaheikki3> I think we can skip next monday & have next meeting monday 26th Jan at this same time. Ok for everyone?7
[17:37:44] <ZapB> ok
[17:38:21] <ankokko__> +1
[17:39:55] <jaheikki3> OK, let's end this meeting now & have next one Mon 26th Jan at this same time. Thanks & bye!
[17:40:02] <ankokko__> bye
More information about the Releasing