[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 26.1.2015
jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jan 27 06:21:28 CET 2015
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 26th Jan 2015
-Qt 5.4.1 status:
* Huge problems to get new content in qt5.git ( Network problems, CI instability etc)
--> We don't have proper Qt5.4.1 snapshot available yet
--> We need to get newest content in & packages created before we can estimate when we are able to release qt5.4.1 :(
-Qt 4.8.7 status:
* Some new changes\fixes introduced today \ after previous Qt 4.8.7 snapshot build.
* New snapshot build will be available during this week if all goes as planned.
* Plan is to publish Qt 4.8.7 release during February with enought time for testing before release.
* Copyright changes to be done but if there are some showstopper fixes that have to be in for Qt 4.8.7 release please send email to releasing mailing list.
- Next meeting Mon 2nd Feb 2015 16:00 CET
IRC log below:
[17:00:50] <jaheikki3_> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche_:jturcotte ping
[17:00:56] <carewolf> pong
[17:00:57] <ZapB> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:00:59] <jturcotte> pong
[17:01:01] <ankokko__> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:07] <fkleint> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:22] <jaheikki3_> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:01:32] <jaheikki3_> Unfortunately I am really busy today so we need to have short meeting: I need to go within 25 minutes
[17:01:45] <jaheikki3_> On agenda today:
[17:01:51] <jaheikki3_> Qt5.4.1 status
[17:01:58] <jaheikki3_> Qt 4.8.7 status
[17:02:17] <jaheikki3_> Any additional items?
[17:02:31] <akseli> jaheikki3_: late pong
[17:03:06] <fkleint> 5.4.2?but maybe discuss next weel
[17:03:07] <fkleint> k
[17:03:33] <jaheikki3_> fkleint: Yeah, let's discuss that in next weeks meeting
[17:03:48] <jaheikki3_> Lets start from 5.4.1 status
[17:04:03] <jaheikki3_> We have Huge problems to get new content in qt5.git :(
[17:04:19] <jaheikki3_> Now there is some real issue (see http://testresults.qt-project.org/ci/Qt5_5.4.1_Integration/build_00020/win32-msvc2010_developer-build_angle_Windows_7/log.txt.gz). Investigation ongoing
[17:04:39] <jaheikki3_> Earlier connection issues, flaky cases etc were blocking the integration
[17:04:58] <jaheikki3_> Thats why we don't have proper snapshot available yet
[17:05:12] <jaheikki3_> we need to get newest content in & packages created before we can estimate when we are able to release qt5.4.1 :(
[17:06:10] <jaheikki3_> We are really trying to get snapshot out as soon as possible but all help is wellcome!
[17:06:51] <jaheikki3_> qt5.git integration status & problems can be seen from https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/104123/
[17:07:08] <jaheikki3_> any comments / Questions?
[17:08:13] <fkleint> CI nodes need to be configured correctly for ANGLE
[17:08:26] <fkleint> we have been through this dance serveral times now
[17:08:36] <fkleint> Anyways, then the next thing that will fails is the SSL tests
[17:08:46] <fkleint> which we see in 5.4
[17:08:55] <fkleint> apparently, they use qt.io or gerrit as test site
[17:09:06] <fkleint> and subsequently fail due to the expired certificate
[17:09:41] <jaheikki3_> fkleint: OK
[17:10:04] <fkleint> see fex https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/104050/
[17:10:23] <jaheikki3_> fkleint: yeah, I have seen this today...
[17:10:40] <fkleint> I am not sure what the status of the certificate issue is?
[17:10:48] <jaheikki3_> fkleint: me either...
[17:11:18] <fkleint> tuturune: ping, do you know when we'll get a new certificate?
[17:11:41] <fkleint> jaheikki3_: UNtil then, sit back & relax, I'd say ;-(
[17:11:59] <jaheikki3_> fkleint: :)
[17:12:35] <jaheikki3_> Ok, then 4.8.7 status. akseli: ^^
[17:12:47] <akseli> Some new changes\fixes introduced today \ after previous Qt 4.8.7 snapshot build.
[17:12:55] <akseli> New snapshot build will be available during this week if all goes as planned.
[17:13:05] <akseli> Plan is to publish Qt 4.8.7 release during February with enought time for testing before release.
[17:13:16] <akseli> Copyright changes to be done but if there are some showstopper fixes that have to be in for Qt 4.8.7 release please send email to releasing mailing list.
[17:13:37] <akseli> thats about it ... questions? comments?
[17:17:12] <jaheikki3_> Ok, I think this was all at this time. Let's have next meeting on next Monday at this same time, ok for everyone?
[17:17:20] <fkleint> ok
[17:17:21] <akseli> +1
[17:17:23] <ZapB> jaheikki3_: that's fine
[17:17:26] <ankokko__> +1
[17:17:38] <jaheikki3_> Great! Thanks & bye.
[17:17:43] <akseli> bye
[17:17:45] <fkleint> bye
[17:17:45] <ankokko__> bye
More information about the Releasing