[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 09.03.2015
jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Mon Mar 9 16:58:27 CET 2015
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 9th March 2015
Qt 5.5 Alpha status
- Alpha content should be in place
- Some challenges to integrate latest changes in qt5.git
- when integration(https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/107229/) succeed (together with https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/102241/ ) we should be able to produce alpha candidate src packages
- If compilation of src packages succeed we should be ready to release alpha. Hoping already later this week
Qt 5.4.2 schedule
- Target is to release Qt5.4.2 ~Mid April (--> Soft branching starts at the end of March/Beginning of April)
- Only known challenge related to this is updated tools & versions for 5.5 (same hw used to build both releases):
* Mingw, ICU, VC2013 SP4 (see http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.5.0-tools-and-versions vs http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.4.0-tools-and-versions ). Most of updates should be ok for 5.4.2
* target is to get wmcloner in use packaging side. If we succeed to take it in use then we can have separate set of tools for each release and so on this isn't an issue anymore. To be checked later...
Qt 4.8.7 status
- Copyright change coming to 4.8 branch as well (not yet in Gerrit)
- New snapshot build will be available later during this week
- Plan is to try freeze sha1 quite soon after copyright change is in and publish Qt 4.8.7 during this month
- No known blockers at the moment so let see what testing will reveal when sha1 is freezed
Next meeting Mon 23rd March 2015 16:00 CET
Irc log below:
[17:00:32] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche_:jturcotte ping
[17:00:44] <fkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:45] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:56] <ankokko__> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:12] <carewolf> pong
[17:02:24] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:33] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:02:41] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:46] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.5 Alpha status
[17:02:54] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.4.2 schedule
[17:03:00] <jaheikki3> Qt 4.8.7 Status
[17:03:10] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:05:07] <jaheikki3> OK, let's start from 5.5 Alpha status
[17:05:37] <jaheikki3> Alpha content should be pretty much in place at the moment
[17:06:02] <jaheikki3> But there is challenges to get qt5.git integrated in 5.5 branch
[17:06:39] <fregl> ossi|tt: did you look at the state for qt5.git? I think there was a qt3d update needed?
[17:07:13] <thiago> what challenges?
[17:07:21] <jaheikki3> That's why we aren't able to build qt5.5 for every target platforms at the moment
[17:07:24] <ossi|tt> fregl: again? do we care? it's just an alpha ...
[17:08:00] <fregl> OK, jaheikki3 got a link? where is the trouble?
[17:08:04] <jaheikki3> thiago: currently some test are failing & preventing the integration, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/107229/
[17:08:49] <jaheikki3> fregl: ^^
[17:09:39] <fkleint> wtf..QtScript?
[17:09:56] <thiago> of course dates would fail this weekend
[17:10:28] <jaheikki3> When that integration ( together with https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/102241/) succeed we should be able to create alpha candidate src packages & see if that can be compiled properly
[17:11:27] <ossi|tt> the good news is that apparently qt3d went ok. or a failing platform was too slow. ^^
[17:11:59] <fregl> thiago: do we have daylight savings time somewhere?
[17:12:16] <w00t> the US switched yesterday
[17:12:44] <thiago> right
[17:12:56] <thiago> but this error is sounding more like a QDateTime regression
[17:13:16] <thiago> a test by the same name had failed in QtQml, but I fixed it
[17:13:55] <ossi|tt> cool, we have a volunteer :D
[17:13:59] <jaheikki3> ;)
[17:14:03] <fregl> thiago: right, do you think the same fix applies to qtscript? do you have time to look into it?
[17:14:36] <thiago> fregl: it has already been applied
[17:14:42] <thiago> so, no
[17:14:54] <fregl> thiago: applied where?
[17:15:32] <fkleint> QtScript passes for me locally (Win)
[17:16:02] <thiago> QDateTime
[17:16:15] <thiago> try setting TZ=Europe/Helsinki
[17:16:21] <thiago> anyway, we should move on with the meeting
[17:17:02] <fregl> oh, it was in qtbase, that confused me. fkleint: can you try with the other TZ?
[17:17:06] <jaheikki3> Yeah. So that is pretty much the Aplha status. Target is to put it out as soon as possible, hoping already later this week
[17:17:35] <jaheikki3> Then qt5.4.2 schedule
[17:18:31] <jaheikki3> target is to release 5.4.2 somewhere mid April
[17:19:08] <thiago> any challenges with that?
[17:19:17] <jaheikki3> so we need to start soft branching for it at the end of March/beginning of April
[17:19:33] <fkleint> fregl: fails ;-(
[17:21:08] <jaheikki3> thiago: well, not so many. Only known issue should be related to tools & versions: At the moment we are using same hw's for all releases & we need to update those for 5.5
[17:21:45] <thiago> what are the expected updatess?
[17:21:58] <jaheikki3> But we should be able to take tony's wmcloner in the use for packaging side & so on that shouldn't be a issue
[17:22:47] <jaheikki3> thiago: Changes are listed here: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.5.0-tools-and-versions
[17:23:39] <jaheikki3> We are agreed to update icu, mingw for 5.5
[17:24:24] <thiago> ICU for Windows?
[17:24:36] <thiago> I don't think that's a problem if we updated for 5.4 either
[17:24:42] <thiago> the mingw update might be
[17:25:22] <thiago> update is from 4.9.1 to 4.9.2... probably ok
[17:25:30] <thiago> can we decide to accept that update for 5.4?
[17:26:09] <fkleint> Any objections?
[17:26:10] <jaheikki3> There is also SP4 for msvc2013
[17:27:11] <thiago> that's BIC, but how old is that update?
[17:28:30] <jaheikki3> Actually I don't know
[17:29:28] <jaheikki3> But as I said these aren't a issue at all if we can get wmcloner in the use for packaging
[17:29:49] <jaheikki3> Let's check this later if needed, OK?
[17:30:19] <thiago> Nov 12, according to wikipedia
[17:30:43] <thiago> I'd rather not change for 5.4
[17:31:30] <jaheikki3> Yeah, usually we haven't updated these for patch level releases...
[17:32:09] <jaheikki3> But let's see it a bit later when we know more about wmcloner...
[17:32:15] <jaheikki3> there is metabug for issues to be fixed before 5.4.2 here: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44881
[17:32:36] <fkleint> looks good ;-)
[17:32:48] <jaheikki3> Anything else related to 5.4.2?
[17:33:31] <jaheikki3> fkleint: ;) Hoping it stays as clear as it is now
[17:35:07] <jaheikki3> Ok, that's all about 5.4.2 then
[17:35:26] <jaheikki3> Then 4.8.7 status. akseli...
[17:35:35] <akseli> Copyright change coming to 4.8 branch as well (not yet in Gerrit)
[17:35:40] <akseli> New snapshot build will be available later during this week
[17:35:46] <akseli> Plan is to try freeze sha1 quite soon after copyright change is in and publish Qt 4.8.7 during this month
[17:36:16] <akseli> No known blockers at the moment so let see what testing will reveal when sha1 is freezed
[17:36:32] <akseli> thats about it
[17:37:36] <jaheikki3> ok, thanks akseli!
[17:37:54] <jaheikki3> any comments or questions?
[17:38:10] <thiago> nope, let's get 4.8.7 out soon
[17:38:18] <thiago> 4.8.7 is required for OS X 10.10 and Windows 10
[17:39:45] <jaheikki3> ok, that should be all at this time. What about next meeting? I cannot join next Monday so ok to have next one after two weeks?
[17:40:56] <thiago> I think so, we only need to get the alpha out ASAP
[17:41:02] <thiago> that doesn't need a further meeting
[17:41:09] <fkleint> ok by me...no 5.5 beta in sight ATM
[17:41:18] <akseli> +1
[17:41:19] <fregl> blacklisting of tests in qtscript: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/108109/
[17:41:39] <fregl> (assuming I didn't mess up the syntax, untested)
[17:42:22] <jaheikki3> Ok, let's end this meeting now & have new one Mon 23 March at this same time
[17:42:35] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation! Bye
[17:42:40] <fkleint> bye
More information about the Releasing