[Releasing] Remove "branch" lines from .gitmodules in qt5.git prior to tagging

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Dec 24 15:35:21 CET 2016

Em sábado, 24 de dezembro de 2016, às 11:04:23 BRST, Thiago Macieira escreveu:
> Em sábado, 24 de dezembro de 2016, às 12:36:57 BRST, Simon Hausmann
escreveu:
> > Hmm, the CI interprets these lines. Do you know of any other tool using
> > them?
>
> git submodule

Some user in interest@ had a problem after checking the v5.7.1 tag out;

===
git checkout tags/v5.7.1
perl init-repository

But it failed with the error "fatal: Remote branch 5.7.1 not found in upstream
origin”
===

Since the branch gets deleted, the contents of the .gitmodule file are wrong.
I've found that git submodule accepts "." as the branch name to mean "the same
branch as this repository", which will also help us by not having to update
that file every time.

	https://codereview.qt-project.org/180826

I have not tested to see what happens if you're in no branch. It might fall
back to the linked commit if it can't find a branch. I'll test later.

I have not tested init-repository. I don't use it, so I don't care. git
submodule is enough.