[Releasing] HEADS UP: Qt 5.6.0 branching ongoing

Heikkinen Jani jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Tue Feb 2 13:51:29 CET 2016

Hi,

Final downmerge is now done and branching is complete. From now on '5.6' is for Qt 5.6.1 and '5.6.0' for Qt 5.6.0. Staging in '5.6.0' is restricted and we in the release team will stage needed changes in '5.6.0' from now on. We will check approved changes automatically so no need for any special actions from you; just take care that your changes will be approved.

And please remember: We will take in only really important changes so please don't add any nice-to-haves in '5.6.0' anymore! If we can live with issue in Qt 5.6.0 then please use '5.6' instead.

And as usual please send re-targeting request to Ossi if there is some change open in '5.6' and which must be in Qt 5.6.0

br,
Jani