[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 12.01.2016

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jan 15 01:25:50 CET 2016

On Thursday 14 January 2016 18:24:46 Knoll Lars wrote:
> >I'd rather apply the fix instead.
>

> Well, this works in 5.6, I guess because we're not using std::atomic there.
> Why aren't we continuing to use that code path until QNX has released a
> fixed tool chain?

Because it's the old atomic code, some of which I rewrote for 5.0, most of
which are the same ones Brad made public for 4.4, with the initial
implementations from 4.0.

There are problems with them, as evidenced by the bug reports received in the
last year. Some are serious problems, like the 32-bit ARM code for 64-bit
integers. And I think that the AArch64 codepath is just completely busted --
unless Q_COMPILER_ATOMICS is defined, in which case we are back where we
started.

I don't test non-IA and, most importantly, I don't want to maintain the hand-
written assembly anymore.