[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 12.01.2016

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jan 15 23:24:07 CET 2016

On Friday 15 January 2016 01:37:53 Robin Burchell wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016, at 01:25 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I don't test non-IA and, most importantly, I don't want to maintain the
> > hand-written assembly anymore.
>
> Given that 5.6 is LTS and thus will require support anyway, what does
> dropping it in 5.7 gain?

It gains us a proper implementation, the same one most people will be using in
5.6 because C++11 is the default for any application using qmake, we've warned
people to move to C++11 and GCC 6.0 even makes C++14 the default.

Read: the 5.6 implementation is not proper. The reason we can't get a proper
one is because we cannot require std::atomic.

I have fixed the bugs we've found, but I cannot guarantee there aren't more.