[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 14.6.2016

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Jun 14 16:29:15 CEST 2016

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 14th June 2016

- Qt 5.7.0 'go' decision: GO!
   * Content in place, RTA OK, Manual testing ongoing. No new blockers found.

- Qt 5.8 branching & FF
   * We propose to start branching 2nd August & have feature freeze 9th August 2016
   * Jani will sent proposal to dev ML where official agreement will be done

- Next meeting Tue 2nd August 2016 16:00 CET

Have a nice summer for everyone!


Irc log below:
[17:00:20] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:00:52] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:28] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:03:01] <jaheikki3> time to start qt release team meeting
[17:03:08] <jaheikki3> on agenda today:
[17:03:22] <jaheikki3> qt 5.7.0 release 'go' decision
[17:03:34] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.8.0 feature freeze schedule
[17:03:43] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:05:17] <jaheikki3> Ok, let's start from Qt 5.7.0 release
[17:05:37] <jaheikki3> Release content is in place & packages are under testing
[17:05:54] <jaheikki3> no new blockers reported
[17:06:24] <jaheikki3> According to RTA packages are good enough for the release
[17:07:10] <jaheikki3> So it seems these packages can be released as Qt 5.7.0
[17:08:03] <jaheikki3> I propose to release these packages as Qt 5.7.0 this Thursday (We cannot release tomorrow because we need have time to update mirrors etc)
[17:08:20] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:08:43] <thiago> no objections
[17:09:19] <akseli> +1
[17:09:36] <jaheikki3> Great! that's all about 5.7.0
[17:09:49] <jaheikki3> Then Qt 5.8 feature freeze:
[17:10:19] <thiago> needs to be discussed in the ML
[17:10:31] <thiago> we can make a proposal only
[17:12:09] <thiago> when is the release supposed to happen?
[17:12:26] <jaheikki3> Ok, and I propose that we start branching at the beginning of August (2nd) and have FF 9th August. That way we will have enough time for release before Christmas 
[17:12:49] <jaheikki3> that is pretty much same what we had with 5.6
[17:13:13] <jaheikki3> And fits in our summer holidays
[17:14:17] <jaheikki3> If we will postpone FF later then we cannot plan release before Christmas :( All old releases indicates that...
[17:14:42] <thiago> I think it's good
[17:15:11] <thiago> we'll be in-between alpha and beta during QtCon
[17:15:27] <jaheikki3> Yeah
[17:16:35] <akseli> 5.8 schedule sounds ok
[17:16:42] <jaheikki3> Great. I'll sent proposal in ML
[17:18:19] <jaheikki3> Then next meeting. No need to have meeting next week and then I'll start my summer holidays. So let's have next meeting 2nd August. There we can check if we are ready to start branching & start preparing FF
[17:18:27] <jaheikki3> OK?
[17:18:42] <akseli> +1
[17:20:12] <jaheikki3> Ok, let's end this meeting now.
[17:20:17] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation! Have a nice summer, see you on August again!
[17:20:23] <jaheikki3> Bye!
[17:20:34] <akseli> thanks, bye

More information about the Releasing mailing list