[Releasing] HEADS UP: Updates to Qt 5.7 (and Qt 5.8) tool versions

Heikkinen Jani jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Fri Mar 18 09:02:54 CET 2016

Hi all,

Currently used tools & versions in ci and packaging are listed in http://wiki.qt.io/Qt-5.7.0-tools-and-versions.  'dev' is also using same set.

Now when Qt 5.6.0 is out we are planning to do some updates. We are planning to:

- Update MinGW to i686-5.3.0-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v4-rev0

    * first test build already done by Kai, full test build to be done in coin really soon

- Update Android NDK to r11

    * Some build issue reported (QTBUG-51859<http://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-51859>), fix https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/153212/

Please inform me immediately if you see some problem with this. Also inform me immediately if you know something else to be updated (for 5.7 or for 5.8). For 5.7 we are already quite late and we need to get needed updates done before beta release. For 5.8 it is actually correct time to do those ;)

br,
Jani