[Releasing] Qt 5.8.0 API review

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Sep 13 13:04:51 CEST 2016

>>I checked in on the last batch of these before abandoning them, after
>>5.7.0's release; and there were some with unanswered objections.  I see
>>we have at least one of these this time round, [0].  Presumably such
>>objections should be release-blockers: how should we implement making
>>them so ?  Should the person raising the objection file a bug report ?
>>Should the release team, along with checking Jira, also check the
>>reviews posted to Gerrit ?

If there is a blocker the person raising it must file a bug report and attach the bug in official blocker list as well. That makes the tracking possible.

br,

Jani

________________________________
Jani Heikkinen asked me to set up API reviews: I replied
>> I can do that, yes.
>> Which base version(s) should I be comparing to ?
>> 5.6.1 ? 5.7.0 ?
Jani directed me to:
> 5.7.0 (which is previous minor release)

so we now have those underway.

I checked in on the last batch of these before abandoning them, after
5.7.0's release; and there were some with unanswered objections.  I see
we have at least one of these this time round, [0].  Presumably such
objections should be release-blockers: how should we implement making
them so ?  Should the person raising the objection file a bug report ?
Should the release team, along with checking Jira, also check the
reviews posted to Gerrit ?

[0] https://codereview.qt-project.org/170634

If fixes are made to the release branch, I can do updates to these
reviews [1], so we can have a later patch-set that represents the fixed
state, for the objector to sign off as fixed.

[1] the help text to all-api-modules (see [2] - review of which would be
welcome, by the way) specifically includes the instructions for how to
do this.

[2] https://codereview.qt-project.org/157299

        Eddy.