[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 01.08.2017
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Aug 2 08:09:35 CEST 2017
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 1st August 2017
Qt 5.10 status:
- No snapshot for testing yet
* Src package creation from qt5 build already working
* Work ongoing to get first binary snapshot available
- Feature freeze 8.8.2017
- Start branching postponed until ci infra changes (http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-July/030596.html) are in & working OK in every branch
* This shouldn't cause any delay to alpha release because we can already now produce src packages for it
- Qt5.git integration succeed Tuesday morning
- Unfortunately no binary snapshot for testing yet :(
* Work ongoing, target to get first one available as soon as possible
- New qt5.git integration ongoing
- Target to start creating first binary snapshot after qt5.git integration succeed
- We are still targeting to get 5.9.2 out during August
* But lets see this after we get first snapshot out
irc log below:
[17:00:24] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl:ablasche:ping
[17:00:37] <ankokko_> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:38] <jaheikki3> time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:44] <jaheikki3> on agenda today:
[17:01:55] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.10 status
[17:02:04] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.6.3 status
[17:02:10] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.9.2 status
[17:02:25] <jaheikki3> Any additional items to the agenda?
[17:04:09] <jaheikki3> ok,lets browse through release statuses quickly. starting from 5.10
[17:05:00] <jaheikki3> Unfortunately no binary snapshot for testing yet
[17:05:23] <jaheikki3> qt5.git integration succeed last Saturday, new one ongoing
[17:05:46] <jaheikki3> preparations for first binary snapshot ongoing
[17:07:26] <jaheikki3> According to schedule (https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.10_Release) we should start soft branching today. But as I wrote (http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-August/030622.html) lets postpone branching until ci infra changes are done & working OK in every branch
[17:08:03] <jaheikki3> But lets still keep the FF schedule as it is (8.8.2017)
[17:10:07] <jaheikki3> And we should be able to keep the Alpha schedule even we need to delay the branching a bit; we can already produce proper src packages from qt5.git integrations so we should be able to release Alpha quite quickly after branching
[17:10:28] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:11:05] <ankokko_> that plan sounds good to me
[17:11:28] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 5.6.3 status
[17:11:39] <jaheikki3> No binary snapshot for Qt 5.6.3 yet :(
[17:12:01] <jaheikki3> work ongoing, hoping we can get first one out as soon as possible
[17:12:49] <jaheikki3> qt5.git integration succeed today
[17:13:41] <jaheikki3> and building enterprise stuff for it ongoing
[17:14:06] <jaheikki3> target is to start export & packaging tomorrow, lets see if all that goes OK
[17:14:25] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:15:53] <fregl> jaheikki3: sounds good :) note that there is trouble with the (current/old) CI right now
[17:16:23] <fregl> jaheikki3: if you have anyone nearby, poke them that no Ubuntu 16.04 agents seem to be willing to work today ;)
[17:16:56] <jaheikki3> fregl: Already at home ;)
[17:17:23] <fregl> jaheikki3: seems like everyone is :(
[17:17:25] <jaheikki3> fregl: but I can send SMS to tony to see if he can help
[17:17:46] <fregl> that's up to you guys, but it's currently blocking everything afaict
[17:19:10] <jaheikki3> Just sent an SMS
[17:19:26] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 5.9.2 status
[17:19:43] <jaheikki3> qt5.git integration ongoing as well
[17:20:05] <jaheikki3> When it succeed we start preparations for first binary snapshot
[17:20:40] <fregl> :)
[17:21:00] <jaheikki3> There shouldn't be that much changes since Qt 5.9.1 release so we should be able to get Qt 5.9.2 out quite soon but let's see that after we have first snapshot for testing
[17:21:56] <jaheikki3> We are still targeting to get it out during August but let's see if that will happen.
[17:22:22] <fregl> what should prevent us from getting it out? it is already due.
[17:22:22] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:22:51] <fregl> apart from the infrastructure maybe making trouble, I see no reason not to get it out asap
[17:23:56] <jaheikki3> yeah
[17:24:23] <jaheikki3> I think this was all at this time. Let's end this meeting now & have new one next tue as planned
[17:24:37] <jaheikki3> Thanks for you participation. Bye!
[17:25:20] <ankokko_> bye
[17:25:28] <fregl> thanks!
More information about the Releasing