[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 10.1.2017

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Jan 11 10:12:39 CET 2017

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 10th January 2017

Qt 5.8.0 status:

-          Final content should be in place now

-          Packages are under testing

-          We will release current content as Qt 5.8.0 release Tue 17th January if nothing really serious found during testing

Next meeting Tue 24th January 16:00 CET

Jani Heikkinen

irc log below:
[17:06:42] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:07:00] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:07:06] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:07:09] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:07:16] <jaheikki3> on agenda today:
[17:07:21] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.8.0 status
[17:07:30] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:09:41] <jaheikki3> ok, let's browse through the status:
[17:09:52] <jaheikki3> we should have final content in place
[17:10:21] <jaheikki3> all blockers in https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18160 should have a fix available & in packages
[17:11:16] <jaheikki3> Packages are under testing at the moment ( LGPL manual testing request will be sent tomorrow when we have RTA smoke results available)
[17:11:43] <thiago> I don't see the configure.bat failure in the list
[17:11:52] <fkleint> ?
[17:12:11] <jaheikki3> And if nothing serious found we will release this content as Qt5.8.0 next Tue as planned
[17:12:14] <jaheikki3> thiago: ?
[17:12:31] <thiago> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-58019
[17:12:49] <thiago> wait, affects 5.8.1
[17:12:55] <thiago> it's 5.8 branch, not 5.8.0
[17:13:45] <jaheikki3> yeah, that one. The problem weren't in 5.8.0 at all
[17:13:45] <fkleint> and has a commit listed...
[17:14:54] <jaheikki3> huh, so all known blockers for 5.8.0 should be fixed ;)
[17:16:02] <jaheikki3> So now final testing & if all ok just remove 'rc' from packages (& update final QtC 4.2.1 in the packages if needed) and we should be ready for the release
[17:16:08] <jaheikki3> Any comments / questions?
[17:16:46] <akseli> sounds good
[17:17:38] <jaheikki3> Great. That was all at this time. Let's skip next week's meeting if we get the release out as planned, ok?
[17:18:25] <fkleint> ok
[17:18:26] <akseli> +1
[17:19:04] <jaheikki3> Great. Let's end the meeting now. Thanks your participation, bye!
[17:19:27] <akseli> bye
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/attachments/20170111/ea50abc6/attachment.html>

More information about the Releasing mailing list