[Releasing] HEADS-UP: Branching from 'dev' to '5.9' started

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Sat Jan 28 12:46:07 CET 2017

Aah! I hope not Feb 1. I have Silver Support and I've been wating OVER 2 YEARS for some API changes providing features to land. Some of these are minor, but they are API changes and features. I need time to ruffle the feathers of the developers so they can get the code into 5.9.

I know of one issue which is just making a class instance member float into a read-only Q_PROPERTY.

The furious pace of major releases coupled with the API lock down is one of my biggest compliants about Qt. Very simply if it isn't a bug fix, I'm going to be waiting at least 12 months before the feature lands.

There has got to be a better way.