[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 31.1.2017
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Jan 31 16:36:32 CET 2017
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 31st January 2017
Qt 5.9 status:
* Soft branching ongoing
* Target to have final downmerge from 'dev' to '5.9' and Qt 5.9 feature freeze Wed 1st February
* Won't be done first on morning but later that day to give a bit more time to get final things in.
* All new platforms aren't in ci yet but will be added in before alpha
* Target to create alpha packages immediately when needed platforms in and qt5.git integration succeed in '5.9'
* API review to be started immediately after final downmerge. Not blocking the alpha but should be in mostly done before it
Next meeting Tue 7th Feb 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:11] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:00:26] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:36] <mapaaso> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:40] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:12] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:20] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:01:30] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.9 (ff) status
[17:01:41] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:22] <jaheikki3> Ok, let's browse through the 5.9 status
[17:04:04] <jaheikki3> Soft branching ongoing, target to have final downmerge from 'dev' to '5.9' tomorrow
[17:05:17] <jaheikki3> We don't have all new platforms in yet & there were some ci issues due to RHEL icenses etc but the plan is still to do the final downmerge & FF as planned
[17:05:40] <jaheikki3> & add missing platforms etc in '5.9' and before alpha release
[17:06:37] <jaheikki3> But maybe we should do the final downmerge & ff a bit later tomorrow so that people can still get final issues in 'dev'
[17:08:03] <jaheikki3> And I think we can do Aplha release as soon as possible after new platforms are in '5.9' & qt5.git integration succeed there
[17:08:10] <jaheikki3> Any comments / questions?
[17:08:52] <fkleint> Hm..is API review in progress?
[17:09:00] <carewolf> qtwebengine will still need a large merge after the alpha, the 55-based merge won't be ready, but we have done such merges previously between alpha and beta
[17:09:00] <fkleint> BC, etc
[17:09:28] <jaheikki3> fkleint: API review will be done between alpha & beta as usual
[17:09:56] <jaheikki3> carewolf: yeah, that should be OK (as usual)
[17:10:20] <nierob> jaheikki3: why not start API review earlier?
[17:10:42] <fkleint> yep, since alpha is basically useless without...
[17:11:26] <thiago> API review starts now and needs to finish by beta
[17:12:02] <nierob> isn't that the alpha means that "we developer believe that the software is ok"
[17:12:15] <fkleint> cough, cough
[17:12:25] <carewolf> no that is rc
[17:12:40] <jaheikki3> nierob: Well, I think alpha is for api review
[17:14:07] <jaheikki3> but yes, we should start reviewing API and I'll ask eddy to create those diffs etc for "official review" when alpha content ready
[17:15:07] <jaheikki3> Any other comments/questions?
[17:15:12] <thiago> alpha is "hey, cool new stuff, tell us what you think"
[17:15:26] <thiago> so... yeah, you're right, API review shoud be finished
[17:15:45] <thiago> beta is implementation test, not API
[17:15:57] <thiago> (or mostly finished, I guess)
[17:16:04] <nierob> thiago: yes, that was my understanding :-)
[17:16:20] <carewolf> have we had a discussion here of the timeline of 5.8.1 and 5.6.3 here? or the lack there of?
[17:17:22] <jaheikki3> carewolf: not yet. Let's first see the feedback from 5.8.0 & get 5.9 alpha out and then discuss about those
[17:17:34] <carewolf> ok
[17:18:29] <jaheikki3> thiago: so did you mean we should have API review before alpha or between alpha and beta (as it has been earlier)?
[17:19:23] <thiago> we should start now and have it mostly finished by alpha
[17:19:42] <jaheikki3> I think we should do it as earlier but of course start reviewing immediately to be able to fix possible findings as soon as possible. But not waiting that fully done before releasing alpha
[17:20:02] <thiago> BC review is done after the release branch is created
[17:20:31] <fkleint> err, but also prefereably as soon as possible
[17:20:32] <jaheikki3> yeah & we should have bc test ongiing all the time
[17:20:55] <thiago> the problem of doing it early is not catching a late mistake
[17:20:58] <fkleint> most important here, avoid branch mess (imcompatible modules) across release branch/5.9 by all means
[17:21:30] <jaheikki3> Ok, I'll ask eddy to do needed diffs etc as soon as possible
[17:22:35] <thiago> ok
[17:23:03] <jaheikki3> I think it was all at this time. let's skip next weeks meeting & have new one 14th February, ok?
[17:23:25] <fkleint> not on 7th?
[17:23:34] <fkleint> no exciting things happening?
[17:24:00] <fkleint> ok, anywayas
[17:24:17] <jaheikki3> fkleint: well, we can have short one then as wekll if needed
[17:24:26] <fkleint> yup, short update
[17:24:41] <jaheikki3> That's ok. Let's have one also 7th Feb
[17:25:09] <jaheikki3> Let's end this meeting now. Thanks your participation. Bye!
[17:27:05] <fkleint> bye
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing