[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 30.05.2017
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue May 30 16:25:40 CEST 2017
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 30th May 2017
Qt 5.9.0 Go/No-Go: GO!
* All blockers fixed from blocker list
* Testing for RC and RC2 done & nothing critical enough found to stop the release
* Qt 5.9.0 will be released Wed 31.5.2017 as planned
Release plan for June:
1. Release Qt 5.9.1
* First snapshot from '5.9' branch
* Branch '5.9.1' later
2. Get first Qt 5.6.3 snapshot for testing
* First snapshot from '5.6'
* Branch '5.6.3' later
3. Get first Qt 5.10 Alpha snapshot for testing
Next Meeting Tue 13th June 2017 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:11] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl:ablasche:ping
[17:00:46] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:35] <jaheikki3> time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:41] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:01:55] <jaheikki3> - Qt 5.9.0 Go/no go decision
[17:02:10] <jaheikki3> - Release plan before summer holidays
[17:02:20] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:13] <akseli> sounds good
[17:03:42] <jaheikki3> So, Qt 5.9.0 status & go / no go decision:
[17:03:54] <jaheikki3> - All blockers from blocker list fixed
[17:04:36] <jaheikki3> - rc released last week, rc 2 this monday with one fix after rc1
[17:05:01] <jaheikki3> Testing done & nothing critical enough reported to stop the release
[17:05:45] <jaheikki3> so we will release RC2 content as Qt 5.9.0 Wed 31.5.2017 as planned earlier
[17:05:46] <jaheikki3> Ok?
[17:05:54] <akseli> +1
[17:08:49] <jaheikki3> Ok, it seems we have 'GO' for 5.9.0 so let's put Qt 5.9.0 out tomorrow
[17:09:08] <jaheikki3> Then the release plan for June:
[17:09:33] <jaheikki3> - Plan is to get a) Qt 5.9.1 out during the June
[17:10:04] <jaheikki3> b) Get first Qt 5.6.3 snapshot for testing during june (hoping quite soon already)
[17:10:31] <jaheikki3> c) Get first Qt 5.10 Alpha snapshot for testing during June
[17:10:51] <jaheikki3> That should be enough for coming few weeks ;)
[17:11:24] <jaheikki3> Target is to get
[17:12:16] <jaheikki3> sorry, create snapshots for 5.9.1 from '5.9' at first and branch '5.9.1' later. Same for Qt 5.6.3 (first snapshot(s) from '5.6')
[17:12:34] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:14:12] <akseli> +1
[17:14:38] <jaheikki3> Ok, that's the plan then.
[17:15:06] <jaheikki3> I think we can skip next meeting and have new one 13th June
[17:15:28] <jaheikki3> So let's end this meeting now & have new one after 2 weeks
[17:15:34] <jaheikki3> Thanks & bye!
[17:15:38] <akseli> bye
[17:15:59] <fkleint> bye
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing