[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 21.11.2017
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Nov 21 16:28:01 CET 2017
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 21st November 2017
Qt 5.9.3 status:
- Couple of new blockers reported after last meeting
- Fixes are in & new packages mostly created
- Testing ongoing
- We will release current packages as Qt 5.9.3 later this week if nothing new & really serious found during testing
Qt 5.10 status:
- Branching finalized
- Merging latest changes from '5.9.3' ongoing
- Some issues still open in blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18957
* All should have a fix proposal available; we need just get all fixes in
- Most of changes files finally in but few still under work, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/message:%22changes+file+for+Qt+5.10.0%22,n,z
- Target is to create RC packages immediately after
* Merge from '5.9.3' is finalized
* Fixes for remaining blockers are in
* All changes files are in
- let's see if we can get RC out during this week. Most probably not but we are still trying
Next meeting Tue 28th November 2017 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:19] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl:ablasche:lars: ping
[17:01:12] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:18] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:01:22] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.9.3 status
[17:01:26] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.10 status
[17:01:28] <frkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:35] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:01:39] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:46] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:54] <lars> jaheikki3: pong, agenda looks good
[17:02:43] <jaheikki3> Let's start from Qt 5.9.3 status:
[17:03:00] <jaheikki3> Couple of new blockers reported after last meeting
[17:03:32] <jaheikki3> Fixes are in & new packages mostly created (Only mac offline ones still coming)
[17:03:44] <jaheikki3> Testing ongoing
[17:04:33] <jaheikki3> We will release current packages as Qt 5.9.3 after all needed tests are executed (tomorrow or later this week) if nothing new & really serious found during testing
[17:05:12] <jaheikki3> That's all about 5.9.3 at this time. Hoping we can get it finally out...
[17:05:19] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:07:15] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 5.10 status:
[17:07:43] <jaheikki3> Branching from '5.10' -> '5.10.0' finalized
[17:08:03] <jaheikki3> Merging latest changes from '5.9.3' -> '5.10.0' ongoing
[17:08:17] <jaheikki3> Some issues still open in blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18957
[17:08:39] <jaheikki3> Luckily all should have a fix proposal available; we need just get all fixes in
[17:09:08] <jaheikki3> Most of changes files finally in but few still under work, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/message:%22changes+file+for+Qt+5.10.0%22,n,z
[17:09:43] <jaheikki3> Target is to create RC packages immediately after all above finalized & needed changes are in
[17:10:04] <jaheikki3> let's see if we can get RC out during this week. Most probably not but we are still trying
[17:10:15] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:11:35] <thiago> there are still things to add
[17:11:53] <thiago> we're not in freeze yet, are we?
[17:12:11] <jaheikki3> thiago: what do you mean?
[17:13:16] <thiago> there are still changes in the 5.10.0 branch
[17:13:34] <thiago> well, one of them is the changelog
[17:13:42] <thiago> so I guess we're waiting for a couple rounds of integgration
[17:14:10] <jaheikki3> Yes, most of those open changes are related to merge from 5.9.3
[17:14:38] <jaheikki3> So yes, those needs to be in before we can create RC packages
[17:14:43] <carewolf> Do we want https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/207231/ in 5.10.0 or should it moved to dev?
[17:14:43] <qt_gerrit> carewolf: [qt/qtbase/5.10] Add missing dead key symbols from Matt Whitlock - https://codereview.qt-project.org/207231 (NEW)
[17:15:00] <carewolf> it fixes input of some greek and russian characters
[17:15:08] <jaheikki3> And of course we need to get at least one qt5.git integration through
[17:15:54] <jaheikki3> carewolf: it is just p2 so I think it can wait 5.10.1
[17:15:59] <lars> carewolf: 5.10.1
[17:16:05] <carewolf> it adds new enum values
[17:16:48] <jaheikki3> carewolf: if it can't be taken in 5.10.1 then it should go 'dev' instead
[17:17:35] <jaheikki3> but no 5.10.0 stuff anymotre
[17:17:53] <carewolf> ok
[17:18:55] <jaheikki3> I think it was all at this time. Let's end this meeting now & have new one Tue 28th Nov as planned
[17:19:03] <carewolf> webengine is still blocking as we have a success-rate only slightly better than qtbase, but with a much longer turn-around time. Some of the patches that needs to into 5.10.0RC has failed to integrate for over 2 weeks
[17:19:44] <jaheikki3> carewolf: yeah, we know :( Let's hope ci will finally behave
[17:19:51] <carewolf> if the CI doesn't get better soon, it could easily take two week more
[17:20:16] <lars> carewolf: if it's flakyness in the CI, make sure you restage exactly the same changes after the failure for the next round. then it'll pick up where it failed before and not recompile from scratch
[17:20:56] <carewolf> it is all kinds of issues, half have been failing to allocate a machine or timeouts
[17:20:56] <frkleint> ??
[17:21:02] <frkleint> Some new magic?
[17:21:10] <lars> frkleint: no, that has been there for some time
[17:21:27] <carewolf> but yes, with the 5.10.0 staging hopefully CI only failures can just be rerun
[17:21:54] <lars> if you restage the same changes, you'll get the same content, and COIN will recognise that and reuse artifacts and results that have been created in the last round
[17:22:24] <lars> ie. everything that's succeeded is being re-used
[17:25:06] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:25:21] <ankokko__> bye
More information about the Releasing