[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 14.11.2017
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Nov 14 16:29:41 CET 2017
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 14th November 2017
Qt 5.9.3 status:
- We should have release content in place now
* All changes files are in
* every blocker have a fix in '5.9.3'
- qt5.git integration ongoing
- Target to create Qt 5.9.3 packages tomorrow & put release out later this week if nothing really serious found during package testing
- We can't get RC out during this week as planned
* Soft branching still ongoing. According to plan we should have finalized it this Monday. But because there were issues with merges from 5.9 finalizing it is delayed until all merges from '5.9' are in
* Few blockers still open & without fix in blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18957
* Quite many changes files aren't yet in, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/message:%22changes+file+for+Qt+5.10.0%22,n,z
- Target is to get RC out at the beginning of next week
* To be able to do it we need to finalize merges & fix remaining blockers during this week
Next meeting Tue 21st November 2017 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:21] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl:ablasche:lars: ping
[17:00:55] <ankokko__> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:46] <jaheikki3> time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:53] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:00] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.9.3 status
[17:02:05] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.10 status
[17:02:16] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:04:00] <jaheikki3> Let's start from Qt 5.9.3 status:
[17:04:16] <jaheikki3> We should have release content in place now
[17:04:26] <jaheikki3> All changes files are in
[17:04:51] <jaheikki3> And every release blocker should have a fix in '5.9.3'
[17:05:10] <jaheikki3> qt5.git integration is ongoing
[17:05:38] <jaheikki3> Target is to create Qt 5.9.3 packages tomorrow
[17:07:10] <jaheikki3> And if packages are OK based on RTA target is to release Qt 5.9.3 later this week
[17:07:44] <lars> sounds good.
[17:08:04] <jaheikki3> That's all about Qt 5.9.3. Any other comments or questions?
[17:09:31] <jaheikki3> Then Qt 5.10 status:
[17:10:21] <jaheikki3> Branching from '5.10' to '5.10.0' still ongoing.
[17:10:54] <jaheikki3> According to plan we should have finalized it this Monday but because there were issues with merges from 5.9 it is delayed until all merges from '5.9' are in
[17:11:50] <jaheikki3> Few blockers are still open & without fix in blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18957
[17:12:26] <jaheikki3> And quite many changes files aren't yet in, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/message:%22changes+file+for+Qt+5.10.0%22,n,z
[17:13:13] <jaheikki3> --> We can't get RC out during this week as planned
[17:13:34] <jaheikki3> Target is to get RC out at the beginning of next week
[17:14:03] <jaheikki3> To be able to do it we need to finalize merges & fix remaining blockers as well as finalize missing changes files during this week
[17:14:25] <The-Compiler> Any update on getting that issue I'll linked on the ML into 5.10.0? Let me find it again...
[17:15:05] <The-Compiler> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-63388
[17:15:05] <qt_gerrit> The-Compiler: [REG 5.9 -> 5.10] Every second download from localhost is ignored - https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-63388 (In Progress)
[17:16:14] <The-Compiler> this kind of prevents me from easily running my project's testsuite (which is quite comprehensive) on Qt 5.10 right now, as pretty much everything dealing with downloads fails
[17:17:16] <jaheikki3> The-Compiler: Yeah, issue isn't in the blocker list but it seems fix is already available & just staged
[17:17:58] <The-Compiler> yeah, but https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/208595/ has been staged since a week and still isn't in due to CI issues
[17:17:58] <qt_gerrit> yeah, [qt/qtwebengine/5.10] Stop preserving aborted navigation entries from Jüri Valdmann - https://codereview.qt-project.org/208595 (STAGED)
[17:18:36] <The-Compiler> and it's on the 5.10 branch, so I just want to make sure it makes it in in time :)
[17:19:51] <jaheikki3> Yes, we have had some ci issues lately. Let's hope ci behaves & we get that change in
[17:20:36] <jaheikki3> Any other comments or questions?
[17:23:39] <jaheikki3> The-Compiler: I added issue in the blocker list, sorry that I missed your mail earlier
[17:24:06] <The-Compiler> Thank you!
[17:24:45] <jaheikki3> That was all at this time. Let's have new meeting tue 21st Nov as planned
[17:25:05] <jaheikki3> Thanks for you participation. Bye!
[17:25:10] <ankokko__> bye
More information about the Releasing