[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 31.10.2017
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Oct 31 16:40:51 CET 2017
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 31st October 2017
Qt 5.10 status:
- String freeze in effect
- Beta 2 released 25.10
- Beta3 will be released during this week
- API review changes still ongoing
* Not blocking beta3
* Changes should be done by the end of the week
- Target to get RC out latest 16.11.2017 -> We need to start branching from '5.10' to '5.10.0' during this week
* Soft branching is used -> branching will be finalized after a week
* All RC blockers needs to be fixed as soon as possible. Blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18957
** Make sure all blockers are visible in the blocker list!
Qt 5.9.3 status
- Creating first binary snapshot ongoing
- Couple of issues in blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18995
- Branching needs to be started now to get 5.9.3 out early enough and not risk Qt 5.10 schedule
* Target to start soft branching Wed 1.11
* Creating change files to be started immediately after branching
Next Meeting Tue 7.11.2017 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:54] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl:ablasche:ping
[17:01:01] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:05] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:51] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:59] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:04] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.10 status
[17:02:09] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.9.3 status
[17:02:21] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:35] <jaheikki3> Lets start from 5.10 status
[17:03:46] <jaheikki3> String freeze in effect
[17:03:59] <jaheikki3> Beta 2 released 25.10
[17:04:13] <thiago> API changes still going
[17:04:32] <thiago> waiting for qt5 5.10 integration to happen so I can merge in the last batch
[17:04:41] <jaheikki3> Yeah, I heard that from lars
[17:04:57] <thiago> should be done by the end of the week
[17:05:09] <jaheikki3> ok
[17:05:40] <lars> thiago: sounds good. I'll help staging once qt5.git is updated
[17:05:49] <jaheikki3> But that doesn't block beta3, which is planned to happen this week
[17:06:43] <thiago> you've already approved all the changes
[17:07:11] <thiago> I do expect that the actual changes to qtbase will need at least one more round of updates, as the CI finds stuff
[17:07:26] <thiago> correct
[17:07:35] <lars> thiago: probably
[17:07:43] <thiago> beta3 will contain the QString/QByteArray API update
[17:07:45] <lars> but I can help get the changes to the other repo's in
[17:10:21] <thiago> I don't expect there to be trouble with most of them
[17:10:38] <lars> yep, neither do I :)
[17:10:46] <jaheikki3> thiago: lars: We should start branching from '5.10' -> '5.10.0' soon to be able to keep the RC schedule (RC target 16.11) . Could we start branching already this week & finalize it next week after API changes are in?
[17:11:35] <jaheikki3> We need ~week for soft barching period so that's why would be good to start it already during this week...
[17:12:02] <thiago> sure, so long as you can still fast-forward qtbase into that
[17:12:14] <thiago> hopefully it won't take long to integrate the changes
[17:12:33] <jaheikki3> great.
[17:13:31] <lars> on CI: fregl and nierob are currently working on fixing it. hopefully up and running again in the next 2-3 hours
[17:15:26] <jaheikki3> hoping so. Let's keep fingers crossed...
[17:15:38] <lars> yep
[17:16:35] <jaheikki3> And for RC: We need to get all RC blockers visible in blocker list & fix those as soon as possible. Blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18957
[17:17:18] <jaheikki3> But that's all about 5.10 at the moment. Any comments or questions?
[17:19:11] <jaheikki3> Then Qt 5.9.3 status:
[17:19:22] <jaheikki3> Creating first binary snapshot ongoing
[17:19:36] <jaheikki3> Couple of issues in blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18995
[17:20:09] <jaheikki3> Branching needs to be started now to get 5.9.3 out early enough (not to risk Qt 5.10 schedule)
[17:21:11] <jaheikki3> So let's start soft branching from '5.9' -> '5.9.3' tomorrow
[17:22:02] <jaheikki3> And let's start creating change files for 5.9.3 immediately after branching. As usual we will offer initial ones for maintainers
[17:22:19] <jaheikki3> Any comments?
[17:24:54] <jaheikki3> Ok, it was all at this time
[17:25:28] <jaheikki3> Let's end the meeting now & have new one Tue 7th Nov 16:00 CET
[17:25:42] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation. Bye!
[17:25:51] <lars> jaheikki3: btw, can you remember to ping me for the meetings as well, please?
[17:26:15] <jaheikki3> lars: Sure. I'll add you in my ping list
[17:26:59] <lars> jaheikki3: thanks
[17:27:15] <thiago> thanks
More information about the Releasing