[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 10.4.2018
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Apr 10 16:48:20 CEST 2018
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 10th April 2018
- Content was ready but new release blocker reported from testing
* Fix available. When fix in QtWE then new qt5.git integration + packaging round
- Target is to get release out at the end of this week
- Beta3 released today
- RC coming closer, only few blocker without a fix in blocker list (https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19209)
- Target to start branching from 5.11 -> 5.11.0 during this week & finalize it at the end of week 16. And get RC(1) out at the end of April
- FF & schedule to be agree
* FF should be on August to be able to get final out at the end of November
* Jani to clarify branching capability etc on August & sent schedule proposal to ML during this week
irc log below:
[17:01:10] <jaheikki3_> > akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl:ablasche:lars: ping
[17:01:15] <akseli> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:27] <frkleint> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:40] <thiago> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:02:19] <jaheikki3_> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:29] <jaheikki3_> On agenda today:
[17:02:35] <jaheikki3_> Qt 5.9.5 status
[17:02:41] <jaheikki3_> Qt 5.11 status
[17:02:48] <jaheikki3_> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:55] <jaheikki3_> Lets start from 5.9.5 status:
[17:03:58] <thiago> do we have a 5.12 fature freeze?
[17:04:01] <thiago> date
[17:04:35] <jaheikki3_> thiago: Yeah, let's discuss that as well
[17:05:05] <jaheikki3_> So 5.9.5: Content was ready but new release blocker reported from testing
[17:05:28] <frkleint> huih..which one?
[17:05:45] <jaheikki3_> QTBUG-67577
[17:05:46] <qt_gerrit> jaheikki3_: [REG 5.9.4 -> 5.9.5] qt.io shows warning about Certificate Transparency - https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-67577 (In Progress)
[17:05:50] <frkleint> hm
[17:06:11] <jaheikki3_> We discussed about it with Kai & it is quite visible regression
[17:06:53] <jaheikki3_> kakoehne is pretty confoident that he will get a fix/workaround soon
[17:07:44] <jaheikki3_> So when we get the fix in then new qt5.git integration + packaging round
[17:07:58] <jaheikki3_> Target is still to get release out during this week
[17:08:30] <jaheikki3_> Any comments / questions?
[17:08:41] <thiago> what's a certificate transparency problem?
[17:09:34] <jaheikki3_> webengine apps (simplebrowser example e.g) throws sertificate error
[17:09:55] <jaheikki3_> thiago: ^
[17:10:09] <jaheikki3_> in windows. Linux and mac seems to work OK
[17:10:13] <frkleint> the browser thinks it is too old for the certificate or sth
[17:11:32] <thiago> I undersand they do
[17:11:35] <thiago> the question is what that error means
[17:11:47] <jaheikki3_> Actually it seems we have a fix already: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/225687/
[17:11:48] <qt_gerrit> jaheikki3_: [qt/qtwebengine-chromium/56-based] [BACKPORT] Certificate Transparency: Generate the known logs list from JSON from Kai Koehne - https://codereview.qt-project.org/225687 (MERGED)
[17:12:54] -*- thiago finds https://www.certificate-transparency.org/
[17:13:19] <jaheikki3_> carewolf: Any comments to the issue above?
[17:14:28] <kkoehne_> thiago: The culprit is Qt WebEngine / Chromium enforcing Certificate Transparency for some root certificates by Symantec . And because the list of Certificate Sources we had so far is outdated, some certificates now generate a warning.
[17:14:53] <thiago> ok, thanks
[17:15:38] <jaheikki3_> kkoehne_: Thanks. So now QtWE update etc
[17:16:04] <jaheikki3_> kkoehne_: or is https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/225687/ enough?
[17:16:08] <qt_gerrit> kkoehne_: [qt/qtwebengine-chromium/56-based] [BACKPORT] Certificate Transparency: Generate the known logs list from JSON from Kai Koehne - https://codereview.qt-project.org/225687 (MERGED)
[17:16:33] <kkoehne_> jaheikki3_: No, this submodule needs now be updated in qtwebengine.git, and then updated in qt5.git :)
[17:18:27] <jaheikki3_> kkoehne_: yes, i understood that :D I was just thinking if that one change is enough for fix the issue or not because thete is comment in the bug report 'https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/225687/1 and following patch seems to fix it for me.'
[17:18:27] <qt_gerrit> kkoehne_: [qt/qtwebengine-chromium/56-based] [BACKPORT] Certificate Transparency: Generate the known logs list from JSON from Kai Koehne - https://codereview.qt-project.org/225687 (MERGED)
[17:20:26] <jaheikki3_> Ok, hoping that fix is enough
[17:20:58] <jaheikki3_> That's all about 5.9.5 at this time. Let's get the fix in & get the release out finally...
[17:21:10] <jaheikki3_> Then Qt 5.11 status:
[17:21:27] <jaheikki3_> Beta3 released today
[17:22:06] <jaheikki3_> It seems we are already quite close to RC; there is only few blockers open without a fix in blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19209
[17:23:36] <jaheikki3_> So we should start soft branching already during this week
[17:23:49] <jaheikki3_> To be ready for RC when all blockers are fixed
[17:24:28] <jaheikki3_> It seems we could get RC out at the end of April if nothing new & really serious found anymore
[17:24:40] <jaheikki3_> Any comments or questions?
[17:27:46] <jaheikki3_> Ok, that's all about 5.11 now
[17:27:59] <jaheikki3_> Then Qt 5.12 FF date & overall schedule
[17:29:06] <jaheikki3_> To be able to release Qt 5.12 latest at the end of November we need to have FF for it on August like we had with 5.10 and 5.8
[17:29:53] <thiago> August is not a good FF date
[17:30:11] <thiago> people out in Summer vacations means we don't have reviewers
[17:30:40] <thiago> more importantly, are the people responsible for the branching available?
[17:33:23] <jaheikki3_> thiago: well, I need to figure it out. Our mgmt and I as well want to get release out well before Christmas time and that's why end of November is good target (as earlier)
[17:34:03] <jaheikki3_> And that's why we need to have FF during August to be able to reach that
[17:35:27] <jaheikki3_> I'll check branching capability etc next & sent a proposal in ML during this week. So let's get back to this on next meeting. OK?
[17:36:11] <thiago> ok
[17:36:12] <thiago> thanks
[17:37:01] <jaheikki3_> Ok, it was all at this time. Let's end the meeting now & have next one Tue 17.4 at this same time
[17:37:17] <jaheikki3_> Thanks for your participation! bye
[17:37:41] <frkleint> bye
More information about the Releasing