[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 28.08.2018
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Aug 29 09:25:12 CEST 2018
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 28th August 2018
Qt 5.12 status:
- API review ongoing, see http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2018-August/033449.html
- No Alpha content in place yet
* 2 issues open in Alpha blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19449
* Hoping we can get remaining issues closed really soon & get alpha out latest next week
Qt 5.11.2 status:
- Branching complete
- Changes files creation ongoing
* Initial ones available & maintainer updates needed
- Few blockers open in release blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19450
- Testing snapshot ongoing; nothing severe reported so far
- Target is to create release packages immediately after every changes files are in & remaining blockers fixed. Then run RTA & publish the release if all still OK
* Hoping this will happen during next week
Qt 5.11 continuation
- 5.11 branch will be open also after 5.11.2 release
- We will check in October if 5.11.3 release is still needed or not
Next meeting Tue 4th September 2018 16:00 CET
Irc log below:
[17:00:11] <jaheikki3_> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl:ablasche:lars: ping
[17:00:18] <ankokko_> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:00:21] <akseli> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:00:24] <lars> pong
[17:00:25] <frkleint> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:00:52] <thiago> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:47] <jaheikki3_> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:53] <jaheikki3_> on agenda today:
[17:01:57] <jaheikki3_> Qt 5.12 status
[17:02:06] <jaheikki3_> Qt 5.11.2 status:
[17:02:15] <jaheikki3_> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:28] <carewolf> pong
[17:03:40] <jaheikki3_> Ok, let's start from Qt 5.12 status
[17:04:08] <jaheikki3_> API review started, see http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2018-August/033449.html
[17:04:33] <jaheikki3_> Unfortunately we don't have Alpha content in place yet
[17:04:49] <thiago> blockers left?
[17:05:02] <jaheikki3_> There is still two issues open in blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19449
[17:05:50] <frkleint> I'd vote for moving fix version of QTBUG-70097 to later (relevant expert being ooo)
[17:05:51] <qt_gerrit> frkleint: FTBFS: linking fails to system libraries through static libs in builds with -qtlibinfix - https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-70097 (In Progress)
[17:06:02] <frkleint> what is FTBFS , btw?
[17:07:26] <thiago> Fail To Build From Source
[17:07:30] <thiago> or Failure
[17:07:45] <frkleint> hm
[17:08:29] <thiago> The fixes are integrating right now
[17:09:07] <jaheikki3_> I tend to agree with frkleint; it might be difficult to get QTBUG-70097 fixed without ossi. Ok, tor-arne is trying to get fixes in so if he succeed it would be great but if not then I vote also that we should just release Alpha & get the issue fixed in beta phase
[17:09:07] <qt_gerrit> jaheikki3_: FTBFS: linking fails to system libraries through static libs in builds with -qtlibinfix - https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-70097 (In Progress)
[17:09:08] <frkleint> ok, if that helps
[17:09:39] <thiago> The actual fix is in
[17:09:48] <thiago> the remaining things now are just missing indirect libraries
[17:10:30] <jaheikki3_> thiago: which change?
[17:10:33] <jaheikki3_> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/237708/ ?
[17:10:34] <qt_gerrit> jaheikki3_: [qt/qtbase/5.12] qmake: rework .prl filename construction from Oswald Buddenhagen - https://codereview.qt-project.org/237708 (NEW)
[17:10:37] <thiago> yes
[17:11:09] <jaheikki3_> Yeah, but it hasn't integrated yet. Hoping we can get it in soon now
[17:12:18] <jaheikki3_> But can we agree that if there will be new issues with that or if change isn't in at the end of this week we will proceed with Alpha without fixing QTBUG-70097?
[17:12:18] <qt_gerrit> jaheikki3_: FTBFS: linking fails to system libraries through static libs in builds with -qtlibinfix - https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-70097 (In Progress)
[17:12:47] <thiago> we're going to find more libs we're missing, in tests, yes
[17:12:52] <thiago> it should be easy to fix
[17:14:17] <jaheikki3_> Ok, let's see. Hoping we can get the fix in really soon...
[17:15:02] <jaheikki3_> I think this was all at this time about 5.12...
[17:15:21] <jaheikki3_> Then Qt 5.11.2 status
[17:15:44] <jaheikki3_> Branching finalized yesterday
[17:16:16] <jaheikki3_> Changes files creation ongoing. Initial ones available, target to get all finalized & in during this week
[17:16:35] <jaheikki3_> Few blockers open in release blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19450
[17:16:51] <jaheikki3_> Testing latest snapshot ongoing; nothing severe reported so far
[17:17:24] <jaheikki3_> Target is to create release packages immediately after all changes files are in & remaining blockers are fixed.
[17:17:28] <frkleint> ok .. https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/238080/ can be staged for the qtdoc issue
[17:17:29] <qt_gerrit> frkleint: [qt/qttools/5.11.2] qdoc: Restore the correct output directory for example images from Topi Reiniö - https://codereview.qt-project.org/238080 (NEW)
[17:17:51] <jaheikki3_> frkleint: done
[17:18:37] <jaheikki3_> And when we have release packages available we will run RTA round & release Qt 5.11.2 if all still OK
[17:19:01] <jaheikki3_> Hoping this will happen during next week
[17:19:04] <frkleint> jaheikki3_: How did PYSIDE-287 end up as a release blocker? Judt by fix version?
[17:19:28] <frkleint> jaheikki3_: PySide2 is a TP,still ...
[17:19:47] <jaheikki3_> frkleint: yeah, by fix version
[17:20:06] <frkleint> Meh ;-)
[17:20:22] <jaheikki3_> I'll remove it from list :D
[17:20:30] <frkleint> thx ;-)
[17:21:38] <jaheikki3_> Then I think we should discuss about how we will continue with 5.11 series after 5.11.2 is out
[17:22:01] <jaheikki3_> There has been questions if 5.11.2 will be final one from that series or not
[17:22:21] <jaheikki3_> Any comments to that?
[17:23:44] <lars> jaheikki3_: I'd say let's see what kind of patches we will still get for 5.11 in the next month or two.
[17:23:58] <lars> (ie. how many and how critical)
[17:25:19] <carewolf> I would consider it likely dead, unless 5.12.0 is delayed
[17:25:39] <thiago> let's keep it open for now
[17:25:41] <carewolf> so we are going to keep it open?
[17:25:43] <carewolf> good
[17:25:52] <thiago> but we revisit it in a month's time at the latest
[17:26:04] <lars> agree
[17:26:16] <jaheikki3_> That's OK for me. So let's keep the branch open and check in October what is the situation & agree if new release is still needed or not
[17:28:36] <jaheikki3_> But it was all at this time. Lets end this meeting now & have new one Tue 4th September as planned
[17:28:48] <jaheikki3_> Thanks for your participation. Bye!
[17:29:36] <ankokko_> bye
[17:30:54] <frkleint> bye
More information about the Releasing