[Releasing] Static build release issues

The Crow ceperez1996 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 04:47:49 CEST 2018

[Sorry my English] Hi. I'm student of Automation Engineering and for the
last two years I've been developing my degree and personal projects with
Qt. I've using Windows and now I switched to Linux. In Windows I
successfully build static version of Qt libs many times. Now in Linux I
realize that you deploy Qt tools statically. However, I want to ask if you
can tell me what parameters do you pass to configure command to build a
static version of qt for Linux, and what others things do you do to
successfully compile Qt statically. That's because I'm having some issues
relative to font deployment on Linux (they are not showed at all,
apparently the font engine look at the static qt installation dir, instead
of using system paths). I know that I can embed fonts on my app, but I want
to use system fonts as usual.
Also, I am starting using QML, but in Windows, statically compiled QML
applications shows really bad, graphics are not good, showing a "particle
rain" in the entire application. I think that this is not a bug, I'm just
missing something about QML while building static qt on Windows. This not
happen on Linux.

The procedure I use to build Qt in both Linux and Windows is:
1. Install Qt sources. (last available)
2. Install Python 2.7.X to build QML (last available)
3. Go to src/qtbase/mkspec/[win32-g++ | linux-g++] and adding the LFLAGS +=
-static -static-libgcc
4. Open terminal and execute configure command in src directory: sudo
./configure -prefix “/somePath/Qt511Static” -static -release -opensource
-confirm-license -qt-zlib -qt-pcre -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -qt-freetype
-qt-xcb -opengl desktop -sql-sqlite -make libs -make tools -nomake examples
-nomake tests -skip qtwebengine
5. Build: make -k -jN
6. Install: make -k install
7. Set the kit in Qt Creator

What I'm doing wrong? Hope you can help.
Thank for listening (upss, I mean, reading).

---
Qt 5.11.0
Linux (Kubuntu 18.04)
Windows 10