[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 29.05.2018
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue May 29 16:26:41 CEST 2018
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 29th May 2018
- Branching finalized
- Changes file creation ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/message:%22Add+changes+file+for+Qt+5.9.6%22,n,z
* Please finalize changes files now to make sure there won't be delays for the release
- Release target: Beginning of June
* As earlier no manual test round before release, just RTA
* Target to create "RC" for RTA testing as soon as possible
** When all changes files are in
** And blockers list (https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19339) is empty
- Target to get release out before summer vacation period
* Release target 19.6.2018
--> We need to start branching from '5.11' to '5.11.0' at the end of this week & finalize it at the end of next week to be able to keep the plan
- Release blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19372
* Blocker list should be short; if some issue isn't fixed in time fix will be then in 5.11.2
Next meeting Tue 5.6.2018 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:01:11] <jaheikki3_> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl:ablasche:lars: ping
[17:01:43] <frkleint> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:46] <akseli> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:02:04] <jaheikki3_> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:02:12] <jaheikki3_> On agenda today:
[17:02:22] <jaheikki3_> Qt 5.9.6 status
[17:02:30] <jaheikki3_> Qt 5.11.1
[17:02:38] <jaheikki3_> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:04:43] <jaheikki3_> Ok, let's start from Qt 5.9.6 status:
[17:04:50] <thiago> Trying Web IRC
[17:05:04] <jaheikki3_> - Brancing from 5.9 -> 5.9.6 finalized
[17:05:20] <jaheikki3_> Changes file creation ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/message:%22Add+changes+file+for+Qt+5.9.6%22,n,z
[17:05:48] <jaheikki3_> Please do needed modifications asap to make sure there won't be delays for the release
[17:06:06] -*- thiago will review on the flight now
[17:06:20] <jaheikki3_> Thanks!
[17:06:26] <jaheikki3_> Target is still to get release out at the beginning of June
[17:07:10] <jaheikki3_> And as earlier we will trust RTA to test release packages -> no official manual test round before release
[17:07:22] <jaheikki3_> Target to create "RC" for RTA testing as soon as possible
[17:07:56] <jaheikki3_> (after all changes files are in and when blcoker list is empty, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19339)
[17:08:16] <jaheikki3_> That's all about 5.9.6 at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:10:51] <akseli> sounds like a plan
[17:11:14] <jaheikki3_> Great. Then Qt 5.11.1
[17:11:52] <jaheikki3_> Target is to get first patch release for Qt 5.11 series before summer break
[17:11:56] <thiago> Suggestion: fairly quick, as we have some nasty issues in 5.11.0
[17:12:39] <jaheikki3_> That is my proposal also. I am staring my summer holidays 21.6 and I hope we can get the release out before that
[17:13:06] <jaheikki3_> So I propose to have release target 19.6
[17:13:27] <jaheikki3_> That means we need to start branching from 5.11 -> 5.11.1 at the end of this week
[17:13:59] <jaheikki3_> & finalize the branching at the end of next week
[17:14:20] <jaheikki3_> Blocker list for 5.11.1 here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19372
[17:14:34] <thiago> Sounds good
[17:15:02] <jaheikki3_> But as usual there shouldn't be that many blockers for 5.11.1 because we will put 5.11.2 out soon after summer break
[17:15:02] <frkleint> thiago: Is this qrc:/ abs path crap fixed ?
[17:15:17] <frkleint> looks for EddyQt...
[17:15:32] <jaheikki3_> frkleint: do you have a bugid for that?
[17:15:37] <frkleint> one sec
[17:16:13] <thiago> frkleint: I was thinking of QSettings not being able to save on Android.
[17:16:49] <frkleint> hm , no one around,
[17:16:53] <jaheikki3_> thiago: yeah, that is one important issue to be fixed in 5.11.1
[17:17:15] <thiago> It's already fixed.
[17:17:24] <jaheikki3_> I know
[17:17:59] <The-Compiler> +1 for a quick .1 FWIW, QtWebEngine has some pretty bad bugs too
[17:18:36] <frkleint> hm, can't find it
[17:19:37] <jaheikki3_> Yeah. let's do quick .1 now. We have a plan for it & it should be doable. Hoping we can get most urgent issues fixed there. But for those which can't fixed in time there will be .2 soon as well
[17:20:20] <jaheikki3_> That's was all at this time. Let's have new meeting tue 5.6 as planned
[17:20:55] <jaheikki3_> Thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:20:56] <frkleint> misread Qt 5.6 is planned
[17:21:07] <frkleint> bye
[17:21:19] <thiago> Bye
More information about the Releasing