[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 30.10.2018
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Oct 31 08:05:05 CET 2018
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 30th October 2018
Qt 5.12 status:
- Beta3 released last Thu
- Branching from '5.12' -> '5.12.0' completed
- Initial changes files will be created during this week
- Target is to release beta4 at the beginning of next week and RC 15th November
* RC blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19961
** 20 issues open atm. Please help fixing/review fixes; we need to close all these as soon as possible
Qt 5.11.3 status:
- There seems to be some critical fixes in '5.11' after '5.11.2' release -> Preparations for the release to be started
* Branching from '5.11' -> '5.11.3' to be started during this week
Next meeting Tue 6th November 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:07] <frkleint> Ahem
[17:00:17] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl:ablasche:lars: ping
[17:01:19] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:20] <frkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:39] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:43] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:01:45] <carewolf> pong
[17:01:50] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.12 status
[17:01:59] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.11.3 plan
[17:02:10] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:56] <jaheikki3> Let's start from 5.12 status
[17:04:14] <jaheikki3> Beta3 released last Thu
[17:04:27] <jaheikki3> Branching from '5.12' -> '5.12.0' completed
[17:04:40] <jaheikki3> Initial changes files will be created during this week
[17:04:53] <jaheikki3> Target is to release beta4 at the beginning of next week and RC 15th November
[17:05:04] <jaheikki3> RC blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=19961
[17:05:15] <carewolf> will 5.12.0 remaining blocked for normal staging?
[17:05:50] <jaheikki3> carewolf: Yes, only release team can stage changes in 5.12.0 as usual
[17:06:13] <carewolf> perhaps we could introduce that after beta4?
[17:06:15] <frkleint> Argh Qt4Ptyhon stduff still in blocker list
[17:06:39] <jaheikki3> frkleint: yes, I notice it. But we can ignore it :D
[17:06:47] <frkleint> yup
[17:07:32] <jaheikki3> carewolf: That could be option as well but I (and others in the release team) try to take care of staging as well as we can
[17:08:21] <carewolf> do you really want to stage every qtwebengine the 5 times it is necessary to bypass the random restarts of windows and macOS CIs?
[17:08:25] <jaheikki3> most urgent thing at the moment is to get all RC blockers closed as soon as possible. So all help with fixing and reviewing fixes are wellcome
[17:08:46] <jaheikki3> carewolf: Well, not necessary want but I can do it :D
[17:09:06] <jaheikki3> carewolf: but if you want I can ask ossi|tt to add staging rights for you
[17:09:18] <carewolf> ok
[17:10:07] <jaheikki3> But that was all about 5.12 status at this time. Any other comments or questions?
[17:12:15] <jaheikki3> Ok, then quick discussion about 5.11.3
[17:12:42] <jaheikki3> It seems there is few critical fixes in '5.11' after 5.11.2 release
[17:12:54] <frkleint> a few?
[17:12:59] <frkleint> or just few
[17:13:24] <jaheikki3> frkleint: there is quite many changes and few really critical ones
[17:13:36] <frkleint> Ah, ok
[17:14:05] <The-Compiler> I assume the Chromium 70 security fixes from https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2018/10/stable-channel-update-for-desktop.html would also be backported to 5.11, carewolf? Or only 5.12?
[17:14:11] <jaheikki3> And that's why I think we should do the 5.11.3 even 5.12.0 is coming soon
[17:14:19] <The-Compiler> Because there's a sandbox escape + remote code execution there, which sounds about as bad as it can get
[17:14:33] <carewolf> The-Compiler: yes, that is in progress. But it had priority to get it into 5.12RC
[17:14:59] <The-Compiler> That might be another good argument for a 5.11.3 then
[17:15:05] <frkleint> +1 from the Qt for Python POV, since we also have a few fixes pending since 5.11. 2 (although the versions are not tied together)
[17:15:11] <jaheikki3> yeah
[17:15:33] <jaheikki3> So it seems we agree we need 5.11.3.
[17:16:07] <jaheikki3> Let's start preparations for it and try to get it out as soon as possible
[17:16:20] <jaheikki3> But still keeping mind that 5.12.0 is more important
[17:17:08] <jaheikki3> And first step for that is start branching from 5.11 -> 5.11.3 and that could happen already during this weelk
[17:17:28] <frkleint> yup
[17:17:50] <jaheikki3> any other comments or questions?
[17:17:51] <frkleint> but generally speaking, is there a silver lining on the horizon for COIN?
[17:18:00] <frkleint> since curently it is totally failing
[17:18:24] <ossi|tt> frkleint: there is progress, reportedly
[17:18:25] <frkleint> that could get in the way here
[17:18:37] <frkleint> ahh
[17:18:40] <carewolf> I assume someone just have to figure out why the clients are stopping half way, like they are spontaniously rebooting, but don't know who is investigating
[17:19:14] <jaheikki3> carewolf: ci team is investigating all those issues with coin/ci system
[17:20:01] <carewolf> of course
[17:22:52] <jaheikki3> carewolf: if you want to know more about that or even help please contact mapaaso and aakeskim. They are working on it
[17:23:23] <carewolf> thanks
[17:23:53] <jaheikki3> It was all at this time. Let's have next meeting tue 6th November at this same time
[17:24:13] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation. Bye!
[17:24:17] <thiago> thanks
[17:24:19] <carewolf> bye
[17:24:41] <frkleint> bye
More information about the Releasing