[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 18.09.2018

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Sep 19 11:05:50 CEST 2018

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 18th September 2018

Qt 5.12 status:
- Alpha released today
- API review still ongoing. Ongoing reviews: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/status:open+branch:5.12+topic:api-review,n,z
- Preparations for beta1 already ongoing
   * First snapshot should be available quite soon
   * Target is to get beta1 out 2.10.2018 

Qt 5.11.2 status:
- Release packages available and testing ongoing
   * One new blocker found in QtC. Fix in & builds are ongoing. When builds ready we need to repack offline installers for the release
- Target to get release out as soon as possible (Thu 20th Sep is current target)

Qt 5.9.7:
- Preparations for the release to be started when 5.11.2 is out
   * Branching from '5.9' -> '5.9.7' to be started later this week
- Target is to get the release out during week 40

Next meeting Tue 25.9.2018 16:00 CET


Irc log below:
[17:00:14] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl:ablasche:lars: ping
[17:00:22] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:17] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:28] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:35] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:01:40] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.12 status
[17:01:45] <jaheikki3> qt 5.11.2 status
[17:02:15] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.9.7 status
[17:02:22] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:41] <jaheikki3> Lets start from 5.12 status:
[17:04:16] <jaheikki3> Alpha released finally today; 4 weeks later than originally planned
[17:04:52] <jaheikki3> Preparations for beta1 already started
[17:05:09] <jaheikki3> First beta1 snapshot should be available quite soon
[17:05:39] <jaheikki3> API review is still ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/status:open+branch:5.12+topic:api-review,n,z
[17:06:12] <jaheikki3> Is there something else to be done before we can publish first beta? 
[17:07:01] <jaheikki3> I hope we can catch the shedule at least a bit with beta now when API revew has been ongoing already a while
[17:07:22] <thiago> I don't see anything stopping it
[17:07:54] <thiago> the API review needs to be done for RC, it doesn't stop a beta
[17:09:26] <jaheikki3> ok, that is great. So it would be possible to put beta1 out 2.10
[17:09:48] <jaheikki3> 2 weeks after Alpha release
[17:10:34] <jaheikki3> And then publish regular beta releases until we are ready for the RC 
[17:11:14] <thiago> yes
[17:11:52] <jaheikki3> ok, it was all about 5.12 status at this time. Any other comments or questions?
[17:13:12] <thiago> need to get those API reivews done soon
[17:13:55] <jaheikki3> Yeah, true. I wil continue pushing those :D
[17:14:18] <jaheikki3> Then Qt 5.11.2 status
[17:14:30] <jaheikki3> Release packages available and testing ongoing
[17:15:05] <jaheikki3> One blocker found from Qt Creator packages. Fix available & creator builds ongoing
[17:15:26] <jaheikki3> when build ready we need to repack offline installers
[17:16:04] <jaheikki3> But otherwise packages seems to be OK for release
[17:16:51] <jaheikki3> Target is to release Qt 5.11.2 tomorrow if we can get missing test results early enough & there isn't any new blockers found 
[17:16:57] <thiago> by the way, are we including a binary OpenSSL in those packages?
[17:18:11] <jaheikki3> thiago: No changes to earlier releases related to that so according to my understanding no
[17:18:32] <thiago> that's not what people on the interest mailing list have found out
[17:18:36] <thiago> Qt Creator has a copy
[17:18:55] <thiago> can you ask someone to make sure it's the latest, if we do have it?
[17:19:16] <thiago> it should be a matter of re-downloading it from wherever we downloaded it in the first place
[17:19:25] <jaheikki3> Yes, i'll check that with eike
[17:19:49] <thiago> if we have it, we have to re-release Qt Creator every time OpenSSL updates too
[17:20:18] <jaheikki3> thiago: Ok, i'll check that with eike and agree how to proceed
[17:22:00] <jaheikki3> Ok, that was all about 5.11.2 at this time. Any other comments or questions?
[17:23:36] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 5.9.7 status
[17:24:02] <jaheikki3> As agreed earlier let's start preparations for the release after 5.11.2 is out
[17:24:45] <jaheikki3> so let's start branching from '5.9' -> '5.9.7' later this week
[17:24:56] <thiago> ok
[17:25:09] <carewolf> good. 
[17:25:09] <jaheikki3> And as usual finalize it next week
[17:25:36] <carewolf> Then we can mention the security issue with the 5.9.7 release?
[17:25:51] <jaheikki3> I think so
[17:26:39] <jaheikki3> With that plan we should be ready for the release ~ week 40
[17:27:07] <jaheikki3> Plan is to produce at least one binary snapshot for testing before official release packages
[17:27:58] <jaheikki3> And as usual with patch level releases we will rely on RTA in package testing but of course any manual testing effort is wellcome as well
[17:28:26] <jaheikki3> That's all about 5.9.7 status.. Any comments or questions?
[17:30:10] <jaheikki3> Ok, it was all at this time. Let's end this meeting now & have new one Tue 25th September as planned
[17:30:20] <carewolf> ok, thanks
[17:30:23] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation, bye!

More information about the Releasing mailing list