[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 10.12.2019
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Dec 10 16:28:58 CET 2019
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting Tue 10th December 2019
Qt 5.14.0 release decision:
- RC1 released last week, RC2 today
* Testing RC2 ongoing, all seems to be OK
* All open issues in blocker list has a fix in RC2
--> We will release these packages as Qt 5.14.0 Thu 12th December if no new release blocker reported
Qt 5.9.9 release decision:
- First snapshot published
- Final content is in place, packages mostly created & content verified
-> We will release these packages as Qt 5.9.9 Tue 17th December if no release blocker reported
Next meeting Tue 7th January 2020 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:50] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: lars: frkleint: vladimir-m: ankokko: mapaaso:carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:00:52] <ankokko_> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:01] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:19] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:06] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:02:12] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:24] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.14.0 release decision
[17:02:35] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.9.9 Release decision
[17:02:44] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:04:14] <jaheikki3> Lets start from 5.14.0 release decision:
[17:04:41] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.14.0 RC released last week & tested pretty well
[17:05:04] <jaheikki3> Some new issues found & fixed in RC2 which is published today
[17:05:28] <jaheikki3> So all blockers should be fixed in RC2
[17:05:46] <jaheikki3> RC2 testing is ongoing but all seems to be OK
[17:06:22] <jaheikki3> So I propose we will release RC2 packages as Qt 5.14.0 Thu 12th December
[17:06:46] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:07:04] <thiago> seems too short a notice
[17:07:23] <thiago> strictly speaking, we should wait to see if there's a major issue reported
[17:07:33] <thiago> is 48 hourus sufficient?
[17:09:08] <jaheikki3> thiago: well, there should be enough time after official RC. As earlier we just wanted to publish RC2 before official release
[17:09:21] <thiago> RC2 today
[17:09:31] <thiago> we should wait for people to test and confirm it's free of showstopper bugs
[17:09:55] <jaheikki3> So time between RC and final should be enough; RC2 is just extra between that to publish few new changes to the top of RC
[17:10:28] <thiago> but since we're close to the end of the year, let's compromise: release Thursday if no showstopper issues have been reported
[17:10:33] <jaheikki3> in my opinion it is enough to verify those fixes which has been taken in in addition to RC
[17:10:59] <thiago> you'll take the action to check on Thursday morning that there are no new issues as P1 5.14.0
[17:11:00] <jaheikki3> thiago: great, agree
[17:11:05] <ankokko_> +1
[17:12:07] <jaheikki3> thiago: I woulnd't threat every p1 as release blocker at this point but I'll check before official release that there isn't any new release blocker, OK?
[17:13:49] <thiago> circular argument: P1 is what the developer who triaged thought was a release blocker
[17:13:59] <thiago> you may argue with the developer whether the triaging is correct
[17:14:33] <jaheikki3> thiago: yeah, ok for me
[17:16:02] <jaheikki3> Ok, that's was all about 5.14.0. Let's hope we can get it out this Thu
[17:16:22] <jaheikki3> Then Qt 5.9.9 release decision:
[17:16:39] <jaheikki3> First snapshot published
[17:16:47] <jaheikki3> It is almost a final
[17:17:04] <jaheikki3> Final content is in place, packages mostly created & content verified
[17:17:45] <jaheikki3> So I propose we will release those packages as Qt 5.9.9 if no new release blockers found
[17:17:59] <jaheikki3> Target is to release Qt 5.9.9 Tue 17th December
[17:18:10] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:19:38] <akseli> silence means approval
[17:19:47] <ankokko_> yes, sounds good
[17:19:48] <jaheikki3> Yeah :D
[17:20:04] <jaheikki3> So let's proceed with this plan
[17:21:03] <jaheikki3> And if we can keep that plan we can skip next weeks release team meeting & have next one Tue 7th January at this same time
[17:21:55] <jaheikki3> Let's end this meeting now. Thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:22:00] <ankokko_> thanks, bye
[17:22:07] <thiago> when's the next meeting then?
[17:22:12] <thiago> January?
[17:22:57] <jaheikki3> thiago: Yes, january 7th if we can get those 2 releases out as planned
[17:23:05] <thiago> ok, good
[17:23:19] -*- thiago will be on a plane at the time of the Jan 7 meeting
[17:23:50] <jaheikki3> ok, there shouldn't be anything critical
[17:24:05] <thiago> hope not
[17:24:10] <thiago> happy holidays then
[17:24:50] <jaheikki3> Same to you! And you all!
More information about the Releasing