[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 12.02.2019
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Feb 12 16:26:18 CET 2019
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 12th February 2019
- Alpha content is in place
* will be based on https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/252635/
* RTA test round executed & packages are good for Alpha
--> We will release those packages as 5.13 Alpha tomorrow (Wed 13th February)
* We will release prebuild binaries as well in addition to source packages with Alpha at this time
** Webengine binaries for windows will be missing because of QTBUG-71125
- API review is ongoing, see https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-73484
* Please do review now: Target is to release beta1 quite soon (target 26th February) and it would be good to have API review mostly done there.
- Beta1 blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=20537
- Original plan for Qt 5.12.2 release is 28th Feb 2019
- There seems to be ~400 changes in '5.12' after Qt 5.12.1 release
--> it is time to start preparations for the release
* Branching from '5.12' to '5.12.2' will start Wed 13th Feb and Final downmerge will be 20th February.
- Prebuild binary package for UWP MSVC 2015 x86 will be replaced with MinGW 32bit one as informed in ML
Next meeting Tue 19th February 2019 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:27] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl:ablasche:lars: ping
[17:00:40] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:43] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:51] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:01:59] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.13 status
[17:02:12] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.12.2 status
[17:02:22] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to to agenda?
[17:03:50] <jaheikki3> ok, let's start from 5.13 status
[17:04:07] <jaheikki3> we have alpha content is in place
[17:04:21] <carewolf> pong
[17:04:44] <jaheikki3> RTA round executed & packages are good for Alpha
[17:04:59] <jaheikki3> packages are based on https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/252635/
[17:05:00] <qt_gerrit> jaheikki3: [qt/qt5/5.13] Update qtwebengine from Jani Heikkinen - https://codereview.qt-project.org/252635 (MERGED)
[17:05:19] <jaheikki3> --> We will release those packages as Qt 5.13 Alpha tomorrow
[17:05:31] <carewolf> I assume source only?
[17:05:59] <jaheikki3> carewolf: no, we will deliver binaries as well
[17:06:23] <jaheikki3> at this time
[17:06:31] <carewolf> hmm. then the windows packages will be missing for qtwebengine I guess?
[17:06:43] <jaheikki3> carewolf: yes, that's true
[17:06:49] <carewolf> ok
[17:07:13] <jaheikki3> API review is ongoing, see https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-73484
[17:07:14] <qt_gerrit> jaheikki3: API change review for 5.13 vs v5.12.0 - https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-73484 (Reported)
[17:08:14] <jaheikki3> Please do the API review now; we are planning to release Qt 5.13 beta1 quite soon and it would be good to have API review mostly done before it
[17:08:47] <jaheikki3> Target for beta1 is 26th February
[17:08:57] <jaheikki3> Beta1 blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=20537
[17:09:33] <jaheikki3> That's all about 5.13 status at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:10:59] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 5.12.2
[17:11:15] <jaheikki3> Original plan for Qt 5.12.2 release is 28th Feb 2019
[17:11:29] <jaheikki3> There seems to be ~400 changes in '5.12' after Qt 5.12.1 release
[17:11:51] <jaheikki3> So it is time to start preparations for the release
[17:12:52] <jaheikki3> Plan is to start branching from '5.12' -> '5.12.2' tomorrow & finalize it Wed 20th February
[17:13:51] <jaheikki3> And plan is to replace prebuild binary package for UWP MSVC 2015 x86 with MinGW 32bit one (as informed in ML)
[17:14:32] <jaheikki3> And there were +1 already for that in ML
[17:15:11] <jaheikki3> That was all about 5.12.2. Any comments or questions?
[17:16:26] <akseli> +1 for replacing one UWP target with MinGW 32bit
[17:18:12] <jaheikki3> This was all at this time. Let's end this meeting now & have new one Tue 19th February at this same time
[17:18:28] <jaheikki3> Thanks for you participation. Bye!
[17:18:46] <akseli> byeg
More information about the Releasing