[Releasing] Changes planned for the online installer

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Mon Mar 25 09:32:22 CET 2019

Hi,

Il 19/03/19 13:32, Tuukka Turunen ha scritto:
> With an upcoming version of the online installer, we are planning to
> make the following changes:
>
>   * Separate the pre-releases to its own ‘preview’ category, only
>     visible when enabled
>   * Remove all unsupported Qt releases from the online installer
>   * Move all but the latest patch releases of supported Qt releases into
>     ‘archive’ category
>
> This allows for greatly improved user experience of the online
> installer, focuses users to take the latest release with all security
> updates and reduces the space needed from the mirrors.

So, for instance, right now what would be offered by the installer? If
I'm understanding correctly:

* 5.13 alpha in the 'preview' category
* 5.12.latest / 5.11.latest / 5.9.latest as ordinary installation
* All the other 5.12, 5.11 and 5.9 as archive

Is this correct?

> Old Qt releases continue to be available for everyone in the
> download.qt.io <http://download.qt.io> historical archive, but in
> general they should be considered as a historical reference, not used in
> active projects.

Do you mean as binary builds, or just the source archives? If binary, as
online or offline installers?

Cheers,

KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts