[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 12.11.2019
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Nov 13 09:42:54 CET 2019
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting Tue 12th November 2019
- Beta3 released today
* Most of bigger issues should be now fixed in beta3
--> Let's start branching from '5.14' to '5.14.0' Wed 13th November & finalize it Wed 20th November
- Few issues open in release blocker list https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=21539
* Let's see if we can fix all open ones soon enough to have RC as next release or do we still need beta4
- Initial changes files will be created immediately after branching starts
* Please finalize those immediately after initial ones available
- We should have release content in place & testing is ongoing
- We will release these packages as Qt 5.12.6 later this week if nothing serious found during testing
- '5.13' will be closed after '5.14.0' is available
- '5.13' will be merged to '5.14' before final downmerge from '5.14' to '5.14.0'
Next meeting Tue 26th November 2019 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:24] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: lars: frkleint: vladimir-m: ankokko: mapaaso:carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:01:11] <vladimir-m> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:06] <frkleint> jaheikki3: ping
[17:02:10] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:17] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:21] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:26] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.14.0 status
[17:02:31] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.12.6 status
[17:02:44] <jaheikki3> Any additional items to the agenda?
[17:04:23] <jaheikki3> Let's start from Qt 5.14.0 status
[17:04:35] <jaheikki3> Beta3 released today
[17:05:01] <jaheikki3> Most of bigger issues should be now fixed in beta3
[17:05:06] <frkleint> WebEnigne?
[17:05:16] <jaheikki3> frkleint: should be
[17:05:52] <jaheikki3> frkleint: But ok, there is new compilation issues in WE preventing new qt5.git integration
[17:06:04] <jaheikki3> Hoping those will be fixed soon
[17:06:38] <jaheikki3> I think we should start branching from '5.14' to '5.14.0' now to be ready for RC
[17:07:06] <jaheikki3> There is still few issues open in release blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=21539
[17:07:24] <jaheikki3> so let's see if we can fix all open ones soon enough to have RC as next release or do we still need beta4
[17:07:38] <jaheikki3> But both can be done from .0 branch
[17:07:49] <jaheikki3> Initial changes files will be created immediately after branching starts
[17:07:59] <jaheikki3> Please finalize those immediately after initial ones available
[17:08:14] <jaheikki3> That's pretty much all about 5.14.0 status. Any comments or questions?
[17:08:42] <thiago> checking the eblocking issues
[17:09:31] <thiago> ok, nothing I can help with...
[17:09:45] <thiago> we had decided that we close the 5.13 branch when we open 5.14.0, right?
[17:10:00] <jaheikki3> thiago: yes, that's true
[17:11:04] <thiago> ok, so we also need to announce that and close it
[17:11:33] <thiago> what is easiest, last merge of 5.13 into 5.14 then branch, or branch and then merge 5.13 into 5.14.0?
[17:12:31] <thiago> I'm reading only 7 commits in qtbase that need to be merged
[17:12:54] <jaheikki3> thiago: Yes, recent merge is done only a while ago
[17:13:40] <jaheikki3> thiago: I don't see that big difference about those options. Maybe we just start branching, close 5.13 and do the merge before final downmerge?
[17:14:14] <thiago> fair enough
[17:15:06] <jaheikki3> Great, let's proceed with that plan
[17:15:11] <jaheikki3> Then Qt 5.12.6 status
[17:15:21] <jaheikki3> We have release content in place
[17:15:32] <jaheikki3> Packages are created & testing is ongoing
[17:16:01] <jaheikki3> If nothing really serious found we will release these packages as Qt 5.12.6 later this week
[17:16:25] <jaheikki3> That's all about 5.12.6. Any comments or questions?
[17:17:30] <thiago> nothing from me
[17:18:16] <jaheikki3> Ok, this was all at this time. Let's end the meeting now & have new one Tue 19th November at this same time
[17:18:29] <frkleint> jaheikki3: Are you attending QtCS? .... My revolutionary proposal would be to not create changelogs when nothing has changed in a module..
[17:18:45] <frkleint> would save adding tons of empty files...
[17:19:13] <jaheikki3> frkleint: yes I am. So let's skip next weeks meeting & have new one tue 26th November
[17:19:34] <frkleint> ok
[17:19:49] <jaheikki3> frkleint: that's OK for me. It is a bit silly to create those empty ones...
[17:20:16] <thiago> well, next week's meeting would be in the middle of QtCS
[17:20:19] <frkleint> ok ,sounds good ;-)
[17:20:27] <thiago> we should have sessions about releasing, though, just not this meeting
[17:20:53] <jaheikki3> thiago: yeah, we can have that. I'll book a slot
[17:22:59] <jaheikki3> But let's end this meeting now. Thanks for your participation & see you next week in QtCS!
[17:23:59] <frkleint> ok, bye
More information about the Releasing